PDA

View Full Version : Chad Mercier Leaves....

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
From www.saskatoonblades.com

The Saskatoon Blades this morning announced that Associate Coach Chad Mercier is departing the team after two successful seasons to join the Bonnyville Pontiacs of the Alberta Junior Hockey League becoming the club’s Head Coach and General Manager.

Mercier, who calls Bonnyville, Alberta home, will make the move along with his fiancée Kim Zehr and their 1 year old daughter Haileigh.

Chad joined the Blades as the Associate Coach in June of 2004 after a very successful playing and coaching career with the Regina Pats. In two seasons with the Blades, Chad Mercier and Lorne Molleken led the team to 78 regular season wins and played in three rounds of the Western Hockey League play-offs.

Chad Mercier, “It was a very difficult decision to leave the Saskatoon Blades after two very enjoyable seasons. I’d like to thank Jack and Lorne in particular for the outstanding experiences they have provided me and my family. The Saskatoon Blades are a first class organization from top to bottom. From the players, trainers, assistant coaches, staff and support staff, the Saskatoon Blades are a model Western Hockey League franchise. This move provides me and my family the opportunity to move home and be a part of the Pontiacs organization. I wish the Saskatoon Blades all the best.”

General Manager & Head Coach Lorne Molleken, “With the one year in Regina and two years here in Saskatoon the thing I most respect about Chad is his loyalty and trust. Those are two of the most important qualities to have a successful career in hockey. It was a pleasure working with Chad in that I had the trust in him to guide and direct our hockey club in all situations. The experiences Chad has had working with many different top coaches in the Western Hockey League will lend itself well to him running his own team and working with the young men that will dawn the Pontiacs jersey. The Bonnyville Pontiacs have got themselves an outstanding young leader. We truly wish Chad, Kim and Haileigh all the best.”

Blades Governor & President Jack Brodsky, “Chad is an outstanding young man with a great future in hockey. We are thankful for the opportunity we had to work with him and we wish Chad and his family all the best in Bonnyville. “

The search for the position of assistant coach or associate coach will begin following the May 4th Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Blades 4 Life!
04-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Good for Chad. I thought that he was going to be the Blades head coach next year but i guess not. Working will Lorne has helped him alot. Chad will do really good with alberta and one day we will see him coaching in the whl. Good Luck Chad Mercier!

Wildeyes
04-21-2006, 12:18 AM
hey maybe i could be ur next asst coach ?

heres my resume

:groovy: :groovy: :clap: :p

saskdevil
04-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Good luck and all the best Chad, hope all goes well with all your future plans.
:clap: