PDA

View Full Version : Anton Khudobin-Blades playoff MVP

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2006, 05:24 PM
From www.saskatoonblades.com

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades announced this afternoon that 19-year-old goaltender Anton Khudobin was named the CJWW Radio Top Playoff Performer for the recently completed 2006 playoff run. Khudobin was presented his award this morning as part of the “Moo Crew” morning show by the Play-by-Play voice of the Blades Les Lazaruk and Morning Show Hosts Rod Kidder and Steve Shannon.
Khudobin a Minnesota Wild draft pick in 2004 appeared in all 10 of the Blades playoff contests this season collecting 4 wins while posting a 2.80 GAA and a sparkling .920 Save Percentage. Khudobin’s defining playoff moment came April 8th in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Final as he stopped an amazing 80 of 84 shots in a 4-3 Triple OT setback to the Medicine Hat Tigers. Khudobin joins Darcy Hordichuk, Clarke Wilm and Warren Peters as winners of the award.

The Blades also remind fans and media that 2006/2007 Season Seats are on sale now. This season the team has held the line on prices for Adults at $360.00 plus GST and Students/Seniors at $280.00 plus GST. New this season the team has rolled back the price on the Children’s tickets to $99 plus GST to make Blades hockey even more Family Affordable. In a second ‘Family Friendly” offer any fan purchasing 1- Adult and 1- Child season ticket will receive a complimentary Child’s Season Seat for the 2006/2007 season, with that seat being able to upgraded at Ticketmaster on game night. As a final bonus for fans this season the Blades are pleased to provide each Season Seats subscriber with 2 Flex Pack Vouchers for their use during the 2006/2007 Season.

Once again all Season Seat subscribers who take advantage of Earlybird pricing will receive an entry into draws for a great array of prizes including a 4 Person Back-yard Patio Set, BBQ, Air Hockey Table, Digital Camera, Hot Air Balloon Ride and a Nintendo Game Cube. Season Seats can be purchased by calling the Blades Ticket Team at 975-8844 or via email at info@saskatoonblades.com. Once again the deadline for early-bird renewals is Thursday June 22nd at 5PM. Blades Hockey… Family Affordable Fun.

Blades 4 Life!
04-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Good for Anton. He really deseves that award. He played his butt off and how important he was to the Blades. I hope he is back next year but I dont think he will. After that 84 save game the Minisota Wild probably would like someone like that on there farm team. i think Anton deserves more than a MVP award. He should have his own rafter flag hanging from the roof showing that he has set a team record. They should start a new tradition, hanging new team records from the rafters. We will all see great things from him!

Koivu 11
04-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Anton was the blades saving grace this year. Once Armstrong got traded and Anton was "the" starter, he really stepped up his play. I trust we'll be seing him in a green jersey soon.