PDA

View Full Version : Will next season be just as good?

Blades 4 Life!
04-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I know this might be alittle soon to ask if the Blades will have a good season but its probably on alot of Blades fans minds right now with all the younger players stepping up next year.

There is alot of talent leaving next year. There is like 7 upcoming 20 year olds next year and we will have to trade or release alot of them. But when I was watching the Blades in the Playoffs, the younger players really stepped it up. Gillies played good untell he got hurt, Ward played good, I though funk was one of the best defensive d-man. Geric scored in his first ever playoff game and cloud was one of the best players the blades had in game 2 of round 2 against Medicine Hat Tigers. I think the Blades will surprise alot of the other teams in the east and come out flying and show that younger players can get the job done. And GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE will add some of his coments as well, and i'm pretty sure that me and him think the same about the Blades cause we are true Blades fans.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-23-2006, 12:41 AM
I think that even though the Blades will be losing some keys guys,everyone will be one year older and have more experience, the team will have a lot of success(I hope and believe so)

I am sure that Jim Watt will be glad to get more playing time and he will probably be the #1 guy.

The forwards will still be very talented,the team might play more of a "scrappy, "grind it out" type of game,I am sure that the addition of the import players that the Blades pick will help too(assuming that both Khudobin and Bahensky are gone.)

The younger players that are on the team,will help and will learn from the older guys.

The Bantam draft will be very inportant as well,I do not really know what the Blades should go after? :confused:

We shall see who makes the team out of Training Camp and which players do not return,It will be interesting to see which rookies make the team,I am sure that we will get to see the draft picks from 05 and maybe the kids from 06 in the Ice Breaker Tournament as well.

wango tango
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
what kind of team the blades have next season will depend on: how the youngsters step up to fill rolls left by veteran players, what euros will be added through the import draft, which 20's return to the team, and does setoguchi play in the dub or show next season?