PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna Future?

starplayer9
04-22-2006, 07:17 PM
With a pretty good core of players leaving the rockets this season what are some players in the system to look forward to seeing on the team next season?

Squig
04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Luke Schenn will be a pleasure to watch for a couple of years. Tough as nails, big and strong for his age - never quit attitude. 6'4" about 210 lbs

Tyler Myers played a few games here as a 15. Gained some valuable game experience this year. He will make the team easy next year as a 16. Great mobility and poise for his age. He is about 6'5" or so 175 lbs.

These two wil be twin towers for the team for years to come and should be the core of the D-men down the road. Kyle Cumiskey wil return next year as an overage with Colin Joe and Tyson Dowzak. Defense will be fine next year.

I predict Yeomans will be traded and the Goalies will be Westblom and Murtagh.
I hear another solid rookie goalie is coming to camp - may battle Murtagh for the backup position.

We should have three solid overage players next year - Spurgeon, Ray, Cuminskey.

Those are the bright spots - its the stuff in the middle i am worried about.

The key 18's and 19's will be Bauer, Ofukany, Hill.

If we can pick up a couple of decent Euros for next year we should be fine.

I think a third place finish in the division if probable. Van should be strong next year as they are hosting but we could battle for second spot.

starplayer9
04-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Is there any relativley unknown 89's or 90's on the rockets list that could crack the lineup for this year? And what should the rockets build for in the draft?

Squig
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
I believe he is an 89 coming from the Kijhl. He played for the Castlegar rebels this year - Evan Bloodoff. I was over that way for work passing thru Grand Forks and heard on the radio he had a 7 point game the previous night. From what i heard he is fairly small but has great speed and good hands.

Squig
04-25-2006, 09:00 AM
He is a 90 and 5'11" 175lbs.

It was a 6 point night

http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=2223&leagueID=5221&teamID=69005&playerID=165014

starplayer9
05-17-2006, 08:17 PM
How much room will there be for a new 16 or 17 year old forwrd to come into kelowna next season. what types of players does kelowna have on there list that could fill some roles, and develop for upcoming seasons? i have seen a few guys on kelownas list play who are in the RAMHL such as Adam Henderson, does a player like this have a chance at cracking the lineup?