PDA

View Full Version : Home Arenas

Blades 4 Life!
04-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Could some fans discrible there home rink and if they like itand what kind of atmosphere is around the building.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-23-2006, 01:44 AM
the Arena is very big(11,310) and the small attendance figures(in the Regular season do not help, but the atmosphere is better when it is playoff time)

Overall it is a quiet arena,and I even got a weird look from some people when I cheered.

The crowd mostly consists of older people,I am sure that the younger generation will come around soon enough.

The CUC is just TOO quiet IMO.

WHEATMAN
04-23-2006, 11:06 AM
The Keystone is an average size rink for the WHL, which can hold roughly 6,000 people including standing room. The rink has a horse shoe concourse, which is nice because there is multiple exits and entries. The arena has potential to be one of the loudest in the league, but often isn't. But during the playoffs it can get really loud, like last year in the Eastern semi-finals game 7 vs Calgary, It was rockin, it had to be the loudest I have ever heard the Keystone, overall the Keystone is pretty decent, I would give it an overall grade of B-

saskdevil
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
the Arena is very big(11,310) and the small attendance figures(in the Regular season do not help, but the atmosphere is better when it is playoff time)

Overall it is a quiet arena,and I even got a weird look from some people when I cheered.

The crowd mostly consists of older people,I am sure that the younger generation will come around soon enough.

The Arena is just TOO quet IMO.

yes you are right we have to have some of the worst fans in the league. there is some cheering, but where were the fans we had in the playoffs during the regular season? sorry but it pisses me off when we have bandwagon fans, when there are fans that have season tix and go to every game and fans that don't even have season tix that go to all the games(my wife and i are at every game). these boys need support at every turn, both on and off the ice why can't a city of this size provide more of a fan base?

RunTheGoalie
04-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Saddledome is about 7500 seats too big on most nights, which kills the atmosphere. But, being an NHL arena, you get all of the NHL amenities. Large councourse, best food variety in the WHL, jumbotron, power ring, great sight lines. That and I can get three season tickets in the row 3 of the 200s for $1000. Those same three tickets would cost me over $12,000 for the Flames.

Rebel Tiger
05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
From the outside a nice brick building with a painted aluminun roof. (Teal/Cyan?) Next Upon quickly realizing there is a SERIOUS lack of parking available and walking a few city blocks you arrive at the door and climb the small steps and enter the rink. inside the usually crowded foyay off to your right and left there are ticket booths for the north and south sides of the rink. Directly ahead on the back wall is the souvenir shop. After collecting your cheap fom toy and ticket, and perhaps a 50/50 ticket and program you head off to the sides of the rink into the tunnels where they take your tickets. as you pass the ticket box you enter the tunnels and realize how cramped this concourse is, and also notice there is no view of the rink from it. You then pass the bathrooms, do not forget these as they and the ones on the lower level directly below are the only ones available! Next thing you pass will be the Consessions, this is the absolute worst traffic jam in the rink as the consessions shrink an already small concourse to almost half size. The concourse does NOT go all the way arround but ends about where the stands start to turn the corner at the far end. From the Concourse there are smaller short tunnels out into the seating bowl, the bowl is all one level with walkways at the top and bottom of the stands. The top walkway goes 3/4 arround the top of the stands with great sightlines. The seats are decently steep angle to the ice and that same Teal/Cyan color made of plastic. The rest of the color scheem arround the rink seems to be a purple color. The Scoreboard, Heating system, Seats, Lighting, and sound system are all new within the last 5 years. The Ceeling is relitively low compared to a modern rink which amplifies noise levels. After your game is out the next problem arises, 4006 people all trying to exit the building at once, a slow process, but even when you make it back to your car, this rink is situated in an OLD residential area, Getting out any way but on foot is a slow process, best bets are to use river road to access 4th avenue.

My Arena description.
Rebel Tiger

Kristi
05-02-2006, 09:59 PM
A couple pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/ksimm10391/arena.gif

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/ksimm10391/EverettEventsCenter.jpg

The EEC is the loudest barn by far in the WHL. I have come out of there several times not being able to hear. I realize there will be fans that want to bash the Everett fans but they are passionate fans who love the team! Can't fault them for that!

The ambiance there is like nothing I have ever experienced. The closest I came was at the Memorial Cup in London last year.