PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 Warriors vs Tigers... Perricone Player of the Week

Warrior Fan
04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I like our odds of winning one at home in front of a soon to be crazy and packed houes at the CC. I can't wait for the game to actually start. People are at the rink today just lingering about.

A tailgate party is being held at the Silo in Moose Jaw at the top of Main from 4pm until 6 pm. These 2 games are crucial to both teams. The Warriors don't want to take the foot off of the gas. Pressure is all on Med hat right now. Down 2-0 and playing on the road in the CC. This is never easy. I would think the Warriors will respond with a RESTED and energized effort tonight.

Congrats to Joey on the Player of the Week honors.

Here is the Whl story.

PERRICONE NAMED GREYHOUND WHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - 2006 PLAYOFF EDITION
Created: Apr 24, 2006
Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is goaltender Joey Perricone of the Moose Jaw Warriors. Perricone earned player of the week honours by recording a 1.99 goals against average, 0.935 save percentage, 86 saves and three road wins. Perricone helped Moose Jaw eliminate the Calgary Hitmen in seven games of the WHL MNP Eastern Conference Semi-Final series and take a two games to none series lead against the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL MNP Eastern Conference Championship.

On Wednesday, April 19th, Perricone recorded 28 saves a 3-1 road win in Game 7 of the best-of-seven series against the Calgary Hitmen.

On Friday, April 21st, Perricone made 31 saves in a 3-2 road win in Game 1 of the WHL MNP Eastern Conference Championship series against the Medicine Hat Tigers.

On Saturday, April 22nd, Perricone recorded 27 saves in a 4-3 overtime road win in Game 2 against the Tigers.

Perricone, an 18-year-old native of San Jaun Capistrano, California, is a free agent.

GREYHOUND COURIER EXPRESS is the OFFICIAL COURIER of the WHL.

2006 WHL Playoffs
Mar 24 – Mar 26: Daine Todd, Medicine Hat Tigers
Mar 27 – Apr 2: Gilbert Brule, Vancouver Giants
Apr 3 – Apr 9: Peter Mueller, Everett Silvertips
Apr 10 – 16: Leland Irving, Everett Silvertips
Apr 17 – Apr 23: Joey Perricone, Moose Jaw Warriors

Number_4
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I was driving through Moose Jaw on my way home this afternoon around 3ish. It was already nuts around the civic center. Main Street was packed with cars, people heading over for the tailgate party. Everyone is so excited about how well the Warriors are doing. Its nice to see, people making cracks about how Main is going to turn into the Red Mile, etc. Im pretty sure that in my 15 min gas-up and leave, I saw more Warriors flags and jerseys than I have all season. Its good for the team.

Sigh... this is the part thats hard to say, but... go warriors

Warrior Fan
04-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Our best dman Hansen was horrible. He and Fecho cost the team 3 goals. They were pinching and not picking up a guy and the speed of the Tigers got to shine. I have no idea what they were doing. They looked horrible. They kept battling and made it close in the end but we should have never been in that position before anyway.

I hope they realize the series isn't done until you win game 4 and that they have to play much better tongiht if they expect to win this series. You are playing the top team in the Whl and you can't afford to take nights off against this team. It will cost you big time.

The hit on Boyd was as dirty of a hit as I have seen in a while(nhl or whl). He was going to take a run and spread his legs wide. He had no intention of missing that hit and it could have easily been much worse for Boyd. He was obviously in pain. He showed good character in coming back the way he did.

Med Hat played a chippy/dirty game trying to get the Warriors off of their game. We have to battle through that. I would assume tonight we will have a good showing for sure.

Perricone played well when asked but he can't do it alone. He needs some backend support for sure.

I am sure this team has the drive and determination to battle back tonight. One thing they have is heart.

Good luck boys.
Go Warriors Go

Tiger Trauma
04-26-2006, 03:03 PM
After watching the hit several times........it did look a little dirty.

He had his legs wide through the whole thing. It looked like he was waiting to spring forward but never did.

He didnt do it intentionally on my opinion..as he didnt stick his knee out during the last second before the hit.

5 minute major is understandable...but i dont think it warranted a game misconduct.

You cant afford to take penalties like that in the playoffs...Barker only played about 16 and a half minutes and gave the warriors 7 minutes of powerplay time.....maybe it was a good thing that he got tossed so he didnt get us into anymore penalty trouble after that!

He is a good player...but going for that kind of hit is a little risky