PDA

View Full Version : Referreeing Worse Than Ever

LongTimeFan
04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
When is the WHL going to go to a 2 ref system? The reffing has been getting worse thru the playoffs. It is now as bad as ever in the past. I am certain that part of the reason is the speed of the game with the new rule changes. One ref cannot keep up.

The 3 games in the MH/MJ series- with Matsuoka, Herman and now Savage have been a joke. They are only calling penalties where an injury could occur and spend tons of time out of position- so often do not even get these calls correct- and are even relying on linesman to call goals. Tackling is happening often with no calls. Clutch and grab is the norm. It's a joke and makes the WHL look bush league.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Look at two of the three refs in the games you listed. Herman and Savage are easily the worst refs in the league.

Send them away and invest in some half decent talent to ref the games and the problem should be solved. Unfortunatly we'll likely have to deal with these two jokers for several years to come, and you just have to know they have a hand in training our future refs.

Blades 4 Life!
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
How about Mark MacIssac and SMith. They were horable in the Tiger and Blades series. Thats the only thing i dont like, is when you get beat by the refs, that not how a team should go out. there was a couple of games that the refs wont the game but there was 2 games the tigers just out played us!

Swando
04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
I looked at the posting and said to myself " I think I'll read this to see if Savage is involved" LOL he is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!! by far. Short man syndrome.

Tiger Trauma
04-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I dont like savage, or mcaisac reffing

but I thought the reffing wasnt that bad in the 2 tiger home games.

I though matsuoka did an O.K job

Your right though, for the most part there has been a little too much clutching and grabbing going on.

Koivu 11
04-27-2006, 02:03 PM
I gotta get in on this one! The absolute worst reffing I've seen had to be Blades vs. Hat with MacIssac. I think the guy felt that since he was wearing the orange stripe, he was the 6th tiger! BRUTAL! But you can always rely on Savage to f things up.

ihlemic10
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
The reffing is terrible in this league. Matsuoka used to be the best in my opinion but him and Savage seem to have switched roles after Mats got hit in Everett by Seattle. Who knows, I think the reffing is a gong show not the fans. Rehman has been earning the nickname Rain Man over here. Good luck to the teams remaining to deal with this jackoffs.