PDA

View Full Version : Perricone named ADT CHL goalie OTW..

Triton
04-27-2006, 09:56 AM
The Canadian Hockey League announced today that Moose Jaw Warriors goaltender Joey Perricone is the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending Sunday April 23 after helping the Moose Jaw Warriors win Game 7 and move past the Calgary Hitmen and then defeat Medicine Hat in the first two games of the WHL Eastern Conference finals.

Perricone an 18-year-old native of San Juan Capistrano, California posted a goals against average of 1.99 and a save percentage of .935 last week. Perricone recorded 28 saves a 3-1 road win in Game 7 of the best-of-seven series against the Calgary Hitmen. In Game 1 of the WHL Eastern Conference finals, Perricone made 31 saves in a 3-2 road win against the Medicine Hat Tigers. Perricone had another strong showing in Game 2 stopping 27 shots in a 4-3 overtime road win in Game 2 against the Tigers.

Each week during the regular season, the CHL will recognize the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week and will present the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Year Award to the CHL's top netminder at the conclusion of the 2005-06 season.

Celebrating its 131st anniversary, ADT Security Services, Inc., a unit of Tyco Fire & Security, is the largest provider of electronic security services to more than six million commercial, federal and residential customers throughout North America. ADT's total security solutions include intrusion, fire protection, closed circuit television, access control, critical condition monitoring, electronic article surveillance, radio frequency identification (RFID) and integrated systems. ADT's web site addresses are www.adt.com or www.adt.ca

CHtoo
04-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Should the Giants meet the Warriors there will be quite the battle between the goaltenders. I think it would be the best series yet. :bounce:

Flathead
04-27-2006, 12:56 PM
i thought goaltending would be the weak factor in MJ's playoff run. Way to go Joey and keep it up!

Warrior Fan
04-27-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the support for the young goaltender is there. it took a while but it seems to be out in full force now. He has proved to be a valuable asset to this team. he isn't taking nights off and is staying focused each and every period. Makes for an enjoyable game knowing he will be their for his team.

Hatguy
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, IF Moose Jaw meets Vancouver that should be a great series. I think we can get Slade rattled up though, we've done it before.

T-BOT
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, IF Moose Jaw meets Vancouver that should be a great series. I think we can get Slade rattled up though, we've done it before.

Slade back at the Crush Can, that in itself is worth the price of admission.

dondo
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Not anymore, he's a much different goalie than he was than when he played for the Pats. He's been very calm all season.. It seems like he's internalised that edge into his game and focus instead of getting mad - now he gets even.

One of my favorite moments last season was when he and Tristan Grant got into it with Grant in the blue paint and both of them trading hacks, Slade cross-checked Grant in the back and Tristan turned around lifted Slade's mask and proceeded to pound Slade into the ice.

I haven't seen that Slade at all this season and although he took a bit of time finding his groove at the start of the season he's been rock solid for many months now and has elevated his focus during these playoffs even more.

Big Daddy
04-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Not anymore, he's a much different goalie than he was than when he played for the Pats. He's been very calm all season.. It seems like he's internalised that edge into his game and focus instead of getting mad - now he gets even.

One of my favorite moments last season was when he and Tristan Grant got into it with Grant in the blue paint and both of them trading hacks, Slade cross-checked Grant in the back and Tristan turned around lifted Slade's mask and proceeded to pound Slade into the ice.

I haven't seen that Slade at all this season and although he took a bit of time finding his groove at the start of the season he's been rock solid for many months now and has elevated his focus during these playoffs even more.

Yes, Slade has settled down quite a bit. I only saw two times this year that he lost it, once in Everett when he shot the puck at Savage and the other at home when he took a swing at the glass in front of the goal judge. Don Hay has done a very good job at developing the mental toughness Slade had lacked in previous years.

Swando
04-28-2006, 10:22 PM
And we all wish that Slades's shot would have hit Savage!!! lol