PDA

View Full Version : Food...

Triton
02-09-2005, 01:37 AM
I would like to know more about each poster.So right now I'am slowly getting to know more of you,but I'am curious as to what some of your favourite meals are and would consist of.Also if there are any fav's at a restaurant that maybe you could point out to some of us road scholars that would be great too.I'am interested in finding out what my fellow hockey fans are craving.

HAF
02-09-2005, 02:01 AM
I come from a ranching family so I guess I'd have to say beef. Whether its just a good burger or a nice thick end cut Porterhouse steak. On the side you have to have good Hermiston potatos. baked, fried ,mashed as long as theyre smothered in good country gravy. A good green salad to go with that with some ranch dressing. A kokanee to wash it down and huckleberry cheesecake and coffee for desert....mmmmmmmm you went and made me hungry now!!!!
When I'm up north I like a good Boston Pizza too.
I am Norwegian on my mothers side so I like a lot of those dishes too. Dad was german so we also ate a lot of german food growing up as well. I remember my mom making homemade sour kraut in a metal garbage can and the canning a couple hundred jars of it every year. Gotta love a good kraut dog!!!

ointhecreek
02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I've always been the cook in my family(my ex could burn kreft dinner real well) and coming from a German background I love my cbbage rolls, borcht, perogies(we called them something else but I can't spell it) and others. I also like Italian spagetti, pizza, lasangia. Restarant in Swift would be Houston Pizza's Penne alfredo or fetticini.

Fight Guy
02-09-2005, 05:01 PM
I like my ribs, KFC, and Frank's Red Hot! Well...those are a couple food i enjoy. I pretty much put Frank's on everything I eat...that it is suitable for. Im a fan of Appleby's. Not one in Regina yet, but a great place I think. In Regina there is a restaurant called Gulf's. It is a more expensive restaraunt, and has the awsomest ribs.

Rebels_chick
02-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I LOVE a good barbecue! Especially chicken breast or steak with baked potatoes, caesar salad, and maybe some garlic toast.
My favorite restaurants are Boston Pizza, Montana's, Kelsey's and Moxie's.
My mom's family is Norwegian, so I also really love some of that food. My dad's family is Czechoslovakian, and that has some good stuff too.

ofhdhdy
02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
My favorite food by far is subs from subway! Some other foods I also like alot are Spaghetti, Perogies, pizza, burgers and fries!

kelownakarl
02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
I am all about the bbq. In the summer most nights the bbq is in full use. A nice steak with some vegetables and a baked patatoe is my favorite meal. Sometimes add in a skewer of shrimp fresh of the bbq is nice as well. And dont forget the wobbly pops!

Triton
02-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I'am into Subway as well.I love grilled cheese,marinated chicken breasts,with scalloped potatoes,and veggies.When I eat out it's Kelsey's and BP's buffalo chicken sandwich.A nice steak,and baked potatoes.Pasta ranks up there as well.I'am ukrainian so it's gotta be perogies,and some ukrainian sausage.Mmmm this is all making me hungry.

Number_4
02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Right now Im a poor uni student, so I love my KD...lol. When I'm back home I spend a lot of time at my Oma's eating goulash (sp?) perogies, etc. Anything German/ Hungarian. And whenever I can con my parents into buying groceries for me, its all about the steak. What kind doesnt matter, just as long as its smothered in Bulls Eye and bbq'd. Yum!

Well Im off to some more kd... anyone wanna send some REAL cooking my way? :D

HAF
02-10-2005, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=
Well Im off to some more kd... anyone wanna send some REAL cooking my way? :D[/QUOTE]

Id send you some steaks but you guys wont let our beef into your country....sorry!
Have any of you guys ever pit roasted anything? I have a pit in my back yard and we roast a pork and beef roasts over a bed of mesquite coals. You really get that barbequed flavor with a rich smokey kick to it. I highly reccomend it!!!

Brandon Wheatkings
02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Baby back ribs,with baked pototo with sour cream and bacon bits.Ice cold beer,I also love grilled chicken with catalina sauce and white rice on the side.Mmmm,Chicken sandwich meal combo with poutine instead of fries and a large coke biggied sized from Burger King.

AlbertaBeef
02-20-2005, 02:51 PM
A huge, thick, fat steak (Alberta or Saskatchewan beef, I'll take em both), potatoes, carrots and onions in tin foil on the BBQ, with the steak and an Ice Cold CANADIAN to wash it all down! HHMMMMM - I'm drooling just thinking about it!