PDA

View Full Version : Game Day! Blades @ Moose Jaw

Billy Blade
02-09-2005, 08:33 AM
According to the team header, this game is going to be broadcast live over the internet! Pretty cool! I can't wait to see some hockey, unfortunately I've had to miss the last couple of home games and I'm going through withdrawals.

Which Blades team is going to show up tonight? With Brandon winning at home last night the Blades need to come out with a purpose and take the two points away from the crushed can. The Kings are within seven points now and it's going to be a good run down the stretch. Hopefully the new line combinations can stay together and start to gel as they look promising, at least on paper.

Is anyone heading down tonight? Somehow my dad is catching a ride with Les Lazaruk the play-by-play announcer... He'll be 74 this year and still goes to almost all games home and away. :)

Billy Blade
02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Wow, the Warriors are really taking the boots to the Blades tonight. Certainly a very disappointing game to be able to watch over the 'net. :( They HAVE to come out with a better game than this on Friday as it is becoming all too often lately.

Billy Blade
02-10-2005, 07:11 AM
I don't feel the Blades are strong enough mentally or defensively this season to make serious noise in the playoffs, so to me it doesn't really matter who they face. Worrying about a Moose Jaw or Regina means nothing when you will have to face much superior teams than that.

All they can do now is not put too much pressure on themselves to finish first. They are in the playoffs, they need to just worry about getting rid of their bad habits and getting a strong work ethic together. The way any team is playing at the time they enter the playoffs means so much more than their seed or what they even did all season long.

HAF
02-10-2005, 07:39 AM
How was the game feed? I have tried to watch a few but my DSL speed isnt fast enough. I think I only have 56k? What speed do you have?

Billy Blade
02-10-2005, 10:16 AM
The feeds for the Moose Jaw games are low resolution in a small window, so you don't need a huge amount of bandwidth to be able to keep up with it. It was watchable, but they splice in the audio from the radio broadcast which ends up being slightly ahead of the video. Kind of annoying when you hear, "HE SCORES!!!!" and then only see it go in three seconds later. :)

I watched one of the 'Tips games and the feed was much better, it even allowed me to go full screen. I'm on cable at home.