PDA

View Full Version : Karsten felske

Dwight Schrute
04-27-2006, 10:52 PM
so will this kid have a chance at making the raiders?
he has had a good showing at the telus cup, so his stock is rising
would this offseason be a good time to trade him ? when his value is high?
or could he draw interest from chilliwack ?

Triton
04-27-2006, 11:19 PM
The only reason he was drafted by the Raiders is because of who his dad is.He has commited himself to the Nipawin Hawks,but probably would accept a trade to another team in the WHL,where he'd actually have a legit shot at cracking a roster spot.Raiders have basically given the backup role to Aime.Arch won't be around and I think he'll be the one chosen in the expansion draft anyways.Probably see the tandem of Decks and Aime in goal for the Raiders next season.

This is kind of happening all over again with local goaltenders.Same situation with Guard,and the Raiders gave up on him and look what happened next..he ate up snipers,set records and won a memorial cup and now is playing at a AHL level,while signing a deal with the Senators.Felske might just come back and bite the Raiders in the a$$.

With Felske playing so well right now,it will be interesting to see what happens here in the next while regarding Felske and our tender situation.

Dwight Schrute
04-28-2006, 11:44 AM
The only reason he was drafted by the Raiders is because of who his dad is.He has commited himself to the Nipawin Hawks,but probably would accept a trade to another team in the WHL,where he'd actually have a legit shot at cracking a roster spot.Raiders have basically given the backup role to Aime.Arch won't be around and I think he'll be the one chosen in the expansion draft anyways.Probably see the tandem of Decks and Aime in goal for the Raiders next season.

This is kind of happening all over again with local goaltenders.Same situation with Guard,and the Raiders gave up on him and look what happened next..he ate up snipers,set records and won a memorial cup and now is playing at a AHL level,while signing a deal with the Senators.Felske might just come back and bite the Raiders in the a$$.

With Felske playing so well right now,it will be interesting to see what happens here in the next while regarding Felske and our tender situation.

at the very least his stock is rising, and he may be able to gerner more in a trade. i also heard his dad was the major factor in why he was drafted by the raiders. i also heard his father was quite steamed at the raider brass when they cut felske and kept hilton

Triton
04-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Honestly I would have kept Felske and not Hilton.Hilton was and is garbage.At least you could have given Felske a shot and maybe he would have surprised you.

Certainly better than the worst goalie to wear a Raider uniform in Ryan Senft.

In the word of comic book guy from the Simpson's he was the "worst goaltender EVER"!

Dwight Schrute
04-28-2006, 12:35 PM
nah that goes to phil lavallee many moons ago........ man he had to be the worst goalie i ever saw make it to the dub

Wildeyes
04-28-2006, 04:45 PM
i think the raiders delisted felske and yes he is going to the HAWKS it would be the smarter choice the olny reason why he wasnt there this yr is because he was in grade 12 and graduating

grainbear
04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Don,t count on Felske going to Chilli , looking at whom the Canes will protect in the expansion draft , I think McHale 1987 might be available . With Leclerc protected and our main goalie, look for either Bartel 88 or Gundsman 90 to assume the backup roll here in Lethbridge.