PDA

View Full Version : GM4: Giants 5 @ Tips 0 Apr 27th

Beaner
04-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Back to back to back. What more can I say, 3 games 3 shut-outs.

Tips came out hard threw everything they could at the Giants and the Giants D and Dustin Slade shut the Door and then scored on their chances to seal the sweep.

It is hard to be objective at this time, but once that second goal went in behind Irving you could just tell that all the life went out fo the Silvertips. Slade played great this game, and another well earned shut-out for the Giants puck stopper.

Bring on the FINALS!!!!!!!

NOTES
Irving and Slade got the starts
Irving and Fialla both returned tonight.
Harty was a scratch for the Tips.
Mikkelson, Rutherford, Dulle, Czibre, and Flatters were the Giants scratches.
PP Giants 1/10 Tips 0/6
Shots 35-28 Giants

GOALS
1. VAN Bliznak, (4) (Watt, Fistric), 17:49 (PP) Watt from behind the net centers a pass to Bliznak and he buries it behind Irving.
2. VAN Brule, (11) (Albers), 1:16 Breakaway for Brule and he goes 5 -hole on Irving
2. VAN Hunt, (1) (Blum, Parker), 6:33 Blum centers a pass and HUNT gets his first playoff goal off the nifty redirect.
2. VAN Bartley, (5) (Brule, Fistric), 6:42 Big mistake in the Tips zone, as A mixup happens as the pcuk goes behind the net and comes right out to Bartley, and he has the netire net to bury it.
3. VAN Bartley, (6) , 19:52 (EN/SH) With the empty net, Bartley gets a chance and makes no mistake.

FISTICUFFS
none

OFFICIATING
Savage tonight, and I thought he did allright. But Meh we are in the finals what can I complain about. LOL

OVERALL
Tips came out hard. Lets not kid around, but Slade stood on his head in the first 20, and the first goal and it was all Giants from that point on. I thought the first period was the tips best, but they really gave up after the second goal.

A great performance from the Giants, a total team effort.

I personally was really unimpressed with Constantine pulling the goalie with less than 2 mins to go and down 4, but he got his just reward another shut-out, and an empty net goal.

WAHOO BRING ON THE FINALS!!!!!!!

3 STARS
No stars on the WHL site so here are mine....

1 DUSTIN SLADE.
2 GILBERT BRULE
3 MITCH BARTLEY

OTHER
Congrats to Dustin on getting the sole record for Consecutive shutouts, 3. :thumb:

And a super special congrats to Garet Hunt for getting his first playoff goal. So much hard work and patience and it finally paid off. Way to Garet :thumb:

Triton
04-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Congrats to your Team and organization for reaching the WHL finals for the first time in team history.I hope you guys are representing us at the Memorial Cup.If your there,we have a chance.

Carebear
04-27-2006, 11:44 PM
OMFG HUNT SCORED AND I WASNT THERE!
This is a disaster.

Thank goodness I taped the game tonight, so I can watch the goal tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

And my comments about the game will come tomorrow as well (or maybe Sat if there's a partay tomorrow evening).

Either way...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY GIANNNNNNNNNNTSSSSSSSSSSSS

Beaner
04-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Forgot to mention Dustin Slade gets MVP of the western conference Championship.

No Surprise,

CONGRATS DUSTIN!!!!!

dondo
04-28-2006, 01:09 AM
I am so happy that Hunt scored... he deserved it too.. yeah Garet

Another perfect game, and Dustin chalks up a couple of more records, consecutive shutout streak (3), and is just shy of the record for most minutes played without allowing a goal (not sure of exact numbers)

here's part of the first paragraph from my recap on HQ

Here are some interesting tidbits of information. Dustin Slade got the WHL playoff record for most shutouts (6), most consecutive shutouts (3) and is just shy of the all time WHL record for consecutive minutes without allowing a goal. Garet Hunt scored his first playoff goal ever. The Giants have not lost in another team’s building in these playoffs 6-0. The Giants have not allowed a power play goal against in another team’s building in these playoffs. The Giants have killed off 53 consecutive power plays and have not allowed a power play goal since game 1 of the Portland series. The Giants have won a third round contest for the first time in franchise history (not to mention their first time in a Western Conference Final). The Giants have won the WHL Western Conference and made it to the WHL Finals for the first time in franchise history. To date the only playoff series the Silvertips have actually lost have all been sweeps. They are now 6 for 9 with all of their series eliminations coming with four straight losses, weird eh?

We are currently on a seven game winning streak.

If those aren't Memorial Cup stats I don't know what are...

GO GIANTS!!! GOTTA LOVE THIS TEAM!!! YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :groovy:

Bran
04-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Congrats to Dustin for...everything!

Mostly, though, congratulations to your boys, as a team. Having a great goaltender is key, but he can't do it alone (well, sometimes he can...I've seen him do it!) Unless he can score on a fairly regular basis, a goalie needs a team to stand up and take charge in front of him and I think your team really does that for the most part. They remind me a little of the Pats, in that, there aren't a couple of "star player" type guys while everyone else sorta coasts along. Everyone is contributing in some way, and that's why they're winning. It's nice to see a team with some heart, doing so well. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a ticket in MJ...though it won't be easy. I'm kind of torn as to who to cheer for!

And, if you guys are any indication, I think the fans deserve it. You always support these guys, but without putting them on a pedestal. Even when they played a bad game, you stuck by them. Really classy fans. I read this forum because I appreciate what you have to say, and I can trust that your opinions aren't too biased. That's rare!

dondo
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
thx Bran I'm sure all of the posters here appreciate your sentiments as much as i do. I'm sure we'd be a bit more biased had we sucked more this year than not, but I think most fot he people here try to keep an objective viewpoint and there are some great posters here.

I've only known about this site for a short time, but i enjoy coming back, browsing some of the other teams sites, etc and finding out about stuff in the lower leagues I could never keep straight.

Don Hay has this team defensively responsible yet throughly entertaining to watch. Physical, fast and responsible. Its a complete team effort win or lose and that's what I appreciate. Nothing I hate worse than floaters and we dealt all of those at the beginnning of the season. You have to buy into the whole system for this to work and they are all pulling together as unit. And I couldn't be happier right now.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Great game again last night. The boys withstood the Tips initial surge in the first 10 minutes and then slowly turned the tables on them. It must have been very frustrating for the Tips to play a very involved first period, only to be down 1-0. I was pleased that the Tips came out and battled hard, but that battle level needed to come earlier in the series. When Brule stuck the dagger in them a minute into the second, it felt like the game was in the bag. That was easily Slade's toughest shutout of the playoffs, as the Tips had a number of chances close in. The D again was terrific and the physical play of the forwards was exemplary. A very complete game all around. I thought Bliznak had an incredible game, his best of the season. Lucic was also excellent as were Brule and Bartley. But the truth is, everyone played well. Again, that Beach kid was very noticeable for Everett. He is very impressive, a real game kid to say the least. As for the rest of the night, I was surprised by the boisterousness of our fans down there. We don't even make that much at the PC ever, so the outbursts seemed weird. I remember 2 years ago that the Tips fans whooped it up in our building when they kicked us 6-2 in game 5 to all but seal the series. But still I was surprised by some of the noise our fans were making. I thought it was pretty brazen to run up and down the aisles 'sweeping' the stairs. While I thought those guys were pushing the envelope a little, I definitely wouldn't have done it. I thought the Tips fans were great as the action on the ice was all but settled, they basically let the Giants and their fans have their moment. I was impressed by that. The Tips fans are a good bunch, and I like them immensely. I feel every bit at home there as I do at the PC, and I attribute that to the good people of Everett. It sucks to lose, but everybody needs to learn how to handle it. And I thought the Tips fans were very gracious about it. And lets face it; any night in the EEC is a night well-spent. Winning a series there was pretty special.
Great game, great night. A terrific experience. Its good to be a Giant fan these days. On to round 4!

Carebear
04-28-2006, 08:28 PM
HOLY F
Worst **** ever.

I TAPED CHANNEL 5 FOR 3 HOURS INSTEAD OF CHANNEL 4!
Instead of hockey, I get the history of dyking in Africa or some garbage.

kajfwhekhfawkejhfakwjehfakjhefae

I'm depressed.
I was so looking forward to watching the game right now, and watching Hunt's first playoff goal.
Someone pls stab me for my stupidity.

:( <-- doesn't even do my feelings right now justice.

rinkrat
04-28-2006, 08:39 PM
HOLY F
Worst **** ever.

I'm depressed.
I was so looking forward to watching the game right now, and watching Hunt's first playoff goal.

I have taped the whole playoffs.At least the PG series and Everett "so called series".Maybe I could lend you the tape... :D

Carebear
04-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I have taped the whole playoffs.At least the PG series and Everett "so called series".Maybe I could lend you the tape... :D

I would probably love you.
I can handle not seeing the whole game..but Hunt's goal, I feel like I'm not worthy of the HuntBunny shirt right now! haha

Bran
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
HOLY F
Worst **** ever.

I'm depressed.

Sounds like something I would do...Except that I'm the type of person who would probably check and re-check at least 100 times to make sure I was right...I'm sorry for saying this, but that kinda made me laugh. I had a horrible day, right from the time I woke up and that was the first good laugh I've had today...The history of dyking in Africa is what did me in I think. So, even though you may feel bad, at least you made me smile!

Carebear
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds like something I would do...Except that I'm the type of person who would probably check and re-check at least 100 times to make sure I was right...I'm sorry for saying this, but that kinda made me laugh. I had a horrible day, right from the time I woke up and that was the first good laugh I've had today...The history of dyking in Africa is what did me in I think. So, even though you may feel bad, at least you made me smile!

Well, I'm glad it made your day a bit better then.
I'm starting to get over the initial shock, took a session of therapy though. :(

I normally check things like 400 times, but I was rushing to get out of the house and meet up with someone, i could've sworn I set it to channel 4, maybe my dad changed it just so he could laugh at me, wouldn't surprise me. :(

*SIGH*

dondo
04-29-2006, 07:34 PM
:laugh: Oh carebear I am sorry but that's hilarious (obviously not form your perspective), but it made laugh.. not so much your gaffe, but how you posted it (dyking in Africa --priceless).. apparently Bran and I think alike.. thanksfor the chuckle carebear.. come say hi on Friday if you manage to get seats. :laugh:

Carebear
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
:laugh: Oh carebear I am sorry but that's hilarious (obviously not form your perspective), but it made laugh.. not so much your gaffe, but how you posted it (dyking in Africa --priceless).. apparently Bran and I think alike.. thanksfor the chuckle carebear.. come say hi on Friday if you manage to get seats. :laugh:

Unfortunately I won't be there Friday as I have a dance competition out in Abbotsford.
I'm hoping to make Saturdays game though.