PDA

View Full Version : Game Recap vs Vancouver?

Beaner
02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Anyone who was at the game have a recap for us?

Tiger Trauma
02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Here goes...

The first period belonged to the giants as they outshot the tigers 6-11. The tigers wern't getting the puck in deep and vancouver was creating lots of neutral zone turnovers...result 1-0 vancouver on a powerplay shot..that went passed a screened keetley on a nice shot by bartley.

second period the tigers played better hockey outshooting the giants...near the end of the second the ref called some questionable calls against the tigers and had the arena buzzing with "we want a ref"

Third period was the tigers period...Steve marr wristed a floater past jennings...who i guess never saw the puck....pretty harmless play trying to keep the puck in at the point and shooting on net. Then on a nice feed from barker and macarthur...macarthur quickly passed to lukin in the slot who one timed a shot from the slot passed jennings left pad..along the ice.
Giants had a couple chances to tie late in the game but the tiggers held on.

Ooh..I think it was myer who shot the puck down the ice toward the empty net only to have...a giants player swap it away at the very last second.

I noticed #6 Cody franson played a pretty good game for the giants.
Blanshan for the tigers is playing his best hockey right now....

Beaner
02-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks.

And yes Franson is becoming a very solid defenceman for us for a 17yr. old. Just seems to be improving his game every night.

Kassian
02-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the recap.