PDA

View Full Version : Kassian gets an A

inthebox4five
02-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Kassian wore an A on his jersey last game. Good on him! He deserves an A+ for the boost that his presence and attitude have brought to the Blazers.
I'd love to see him get some PP action. He is so incredibly storng, that if he parked in front of the net, no one could move him. Also, Blazers haven't been hot on PK - especially on the road. Kassian did well on PK with the Giants. IMO, the Blazers would do well to utilize the big guy a whole lot more on special teams.

Jovorock
02-09-2005, 01:26 PM
New blood was needed in that dressing room. Good for Kassian but he was kicked out of the last game in Kelowna for instigator with a close score. He will have to not do that if he wasnts to lead this team.

Kassian
02-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Good for Kassian. I have no doubts he can be a good leader. :groovy:

C.F
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I miss Kassian. :(

Tiger Trauma
02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
when he was in the hat....
I noticed he looked like the biggest guy out there....creates some space that way
Couldn't skate that well...when he got the puck he would pass it right away....and try to hammer the d men in their zone.

Gentile is wearing the C? How long has he had it for?

Kassian
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I miss Kassian. :(

As do I. I didn't like the trade from day one and I hate it even more now. I just feel bad for Brule now. Next year teams are going to take runs at him and there won't be anybody able to protect him. No Kassian, no Grant. Of course Bonner said they will find a replacement for Kassian and Grant next year but you don't replace guys like that. Kassian proved to be one of the top enforcers in the league. Good luck finding someone out there that is just as good. The Giants will come to regret this trade if they haven't already. Cunning has been pretty much invisable. And he is far from the "missing piece" to help this team make a serious run for the Memorial Cup. Sadly getting to the Memorial Cup finals is a pipe dream for the Giants at this point.

ROADKING
02-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Kassian played pretty well in Red Deer with limited ice time .

Jovorock
02-14-2005, 08:29 PM
The Giants are 19 points out of second and Cunning is the missing piece?

If Kassian get some ice time and goes to power skating school in the summer he could amount to a minor pro career?

Kassian
02-14-2005, 09:29 PM
The Giants are 19 points out of second and Cunning is the missing piece?

If Kassian get some ice time and goes to power skating school in the summer he could amount to a minor pro career?

That is what I've been thinking since the trade was made. The Giants need a hell of a lot more than Cam Cunning in order to make a serious Memorial Cup run.

Kassian could definitely be a pro player. He skates pretty well for his size. Most people don't realize that. If you saw him skate last year compared to this year you would see how much he has already improved. If he keeps working hard with his skating, and learns to use his size a little better in front of the net, he will be a professional player no doubt, IMO. He has all the tools. He is big, strong, physical, and proving to be one of the toughest in the league.

I think if he is used properly (not just used as a 4th liner) he can put up some points as well. Like I said, he was pretty solid on the PK for the Giants. I don't see any reason why he can't be for the Blazers either.

inthebox4five
02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
they have him ranked as a fourth rounder. Some even argue that he could go higher. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I just hope he gets the coaching and development in kamloops that he needs. I think Hay would have been good for him. Hay seems to have a better knack for developing players than Ferner does. I guess time will tell.

Kassian
02-14-2005, 11:57 PM
I think Hay would have been good for him. Hay seems to have a better knack for developing players than Ferner does. I guess time will tell.

I agree. Hay isn't real good with star players, but he seems to be a real good influence on tougher more physical players. Just look at what he has done for Triston Grant this season. Hay has always been a tough guy, physical player friendly coach.

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
He skates pretty well for his size. Most people don't realize that. If you saw him skate last year compared to this year you would see how much he has already improved.

Aha, that's one of the first things I noticed about Kassian this year.
It seemed like last year he could barely get one skate over the other to turn a corner but this year he is a lot stronger on his skates. I mentioned to other fans that his stronger skating is the likely reason he turned into the fighter he is. Better balance means he could start landing some shots and pull guys down.

Sammy
03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Kassian was very strong on the powerplay opportunities he was given last night vs. Giants. No Giant D could move him. He made some intelligent passes. More exposure and participation on special teams and I think he could find and develop his former scoring touch (he was a top Midget AAA playoff scorer).

inthebox4five
03-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Kamloops is smart to put the big guy on PP. He's so strong that it's tough to get him cleared from in front of the net. But the loops is going to need a whole lot more than him to keep their playoff spot. They'll need to put together a whole lot more offence from their other guys. Jorgenson looks pretty good out there, but needs others to step it up as well. Hogg and Guiterrez aren't living up to draft expectations- hardly any production from these two. Defence is really weak. Lots of stuff broke on the Kamloops wagon. Getting Kass definitely fixed one thing, but IMO they'll have to snag one or two goal scorers before they'll even have a prayer of rolling into the playoffs or rolling up in the standings next year.

Jew Panda
03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Perhaps Kassian was sluggish last night, but if he's going to want more ice time, he needs to work on his skating speed. He's too slow to log big minutes. Yes, Kassian would work well on a power-play, but with a team that can control the flow of a power-play. No one really quarterbacks the Kamloops PP and it's just basically a go-with-the-flow mentality. Bodies are never in front of the net, an umbrella formation is non-existent and Roman Tesliuk couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.