PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Future

starplayer9
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
with pogge most likely leaving next year and a solid defensive and offensive core of players playing htere last seasons in the WHL what can we expect to see from the Hitmen next year all the way from new forwards to goaltending?

Mileflames
05-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Goalie
Daniel Spence
Martin Jones
Garrett Zemlak

Defencemen
Craig Lineker
Karl Alzner
Dylan Yeo
Alex Plante
Curtis Kelner
Chris Ickert
Matt Sawa (listed as a Hitmen) on WHL.ca
Josh Martin
Michael Stone

Forwards
Ryan White
Riley Merkley
Mike Reich
Derek LeBlanc
Ryan Letts
Lukas Vantuch
Carson McMillan
Brett Sonne
Steve Covington
Fredrik Pettersson
Brodie Dupont
Keegan Dansereau
Brendon Rowinski
Ian Schultz
Jason Gregoire

Curtis Gordon

Dwight Schrute
05-06-2006, 10:45 AM
any chance dylan yeo gets traded ? possibly to his hometown P.A.

MidgetAAA
05-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Don't count out Devon Kalinski(1990 born),I can see him making the team next year also.this past year he played in the AMHL and in 32games had 4G and 26A to finnish 30th in league scoring and 1st for 1990's. This guy is a great passer who see's the ice very well and loves to hit and i mean LOVES to hit.He a a great shot but never shoots he is always looking to pass.He is a good player who i think will make the team next year.

puckie
05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree with you about Kalinski. He is good enough to crack the roster next year. So is Rowinski.

I thought Stone was a big guy who played with some edge, but needs to work on his hands. My take on Martin was that he was a very solid all around player whose only issue is footspeed. I think they could both crack the roster next year. My only concern would be the fact that Martin played in the SAML this year. To go straight to the dub might be a huge jump, but if he is ready, he is ready.

A solid prospect for his 17 year is Gillis. Most people don't know who he is because he has only been playing competitive hockey for 3 years. He was considered by many objective observers to be one of the top 15 year old prospects in the AMHL this year. These other guys should be much better than him than they actually are. He is a hard working kid who deserves more credit than he gets. He has improved his hands and playmaking this year, now he just needs to put it all together with his physical play. Knowing how well he prepares for each season, I will put it out there that he will be one of the top d in the AMHL next year.

Other dark horses for 17 are Lee and Nadolny. Lee is underrated, having played in Rowley's shadow for many years. Nadolny has only played d for a few years and was a standout at B.C.'s U17 this past weekend. Both of these players put up outstanding numbers offensively this season. If I am not mistaken these two players had the best offensive stats for all of the 90 list defense players.

Anyhow, this is one man's take for one year. I will leave the rest to all of you!

RunTheGoalie
05-07-2006, 03:29 PM
any chance dylan yeo gets traded ? possibly to his hometown P.A.

That'll probably depend on what our overage situation looks like, and how our defense is looking going into next season. Personally, I'd like to see him stay, if at all possible.

Dwight Schrute
05-07-2006, 06:54 PM
That'll probably depend on what our overage situation looks like, and how our defense is looking going into next season. Personally, I'd like to see him stay, if at all possible.
yeah the raiders only have 2 86 born players that should be coming back. yeo would look nice there,and spending the last year at home would be nice for him. i think the raiders might be looking for a overage player for next year.
who will be your goalies next year ?

Ricobob
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
yeah the raiders only have 2 86 born players that should be coming back. yeo would look nice there,and spending the last year at home would be nice for him. i think the raiders might be looking for a overage player for next year.
who will be your goalies next year ?

The only way they'll trade Yeo is if he wants out of Calgary. He will be a leader and a monster next season. I don't see him as being the odd man out with the 4 overagers they have.

With all the veterans returning and some hot prospects coming up, the Hitmen look good for next season. Spence will be the man, he did well this year when he played, he should be ready. I'll flip a coin and say Zemlak will be the backup...I saw him play a couple of times with the S'toon Contacts and he looked solid.

peatfan
05-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Of all the 20's he is the surest to come back. I think Linekar and Covington will be the other two although a good case could be made fo LeBlanc. If he makes it then Steve-O will be the odd man out. Of course all could get a pro contract down in the ECHL and decide to take it. THey will be better off playing in the WHL and play a lot and then pursure pro teams or continue with university.
Interesting battle in goal with Zemlack having the lead right now. The other two were allstars in BC so they can't be counted out. My only concern with Spence is he never played much the last two years, so I wonder how he improved. When he took over last Dec for a month he was playing good at the end. Hopefully he can continue that level next year. Can't wait until the training camp begins :groovy:

starplayer9
05-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Who could be a backup for spence next season? im not too familiar with the goaltending situation in Calgary, I have heard of Manfredi who is listed, could he possibly take the back up spot.

Mileflames
05-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Who could be a backup for spence next season? im not too familiar with the goaltending situation in Calgary, I have heard of Manfredi who is listed, could he possibly take the back up spot.

BC Hockey is excited to announce the players selected to the 2005-2006 Major Midget League All-Star Team. Each player will be presented with an award from BC Hockey.Goaltender-Martin Jones
http://www.bcaha.org/docs/MML017%20All-Star%20Team%20Announced%202006-05-03.pdf

Martin Jones - Back stopped the team to 2005 Western Canadian Bantam Championships
http://2005westernbantam.goyorkton.com/

Martin Jones Selected as BC Hockey Major Midget
League Player of the Month for December

Mileflames
05-18-2006, 09:59 AM
TOP GOALTENDER: Mac's Tournament
Garrett Zemlak -- Saskatoon Contacts

puckie
05-21-2006, 09:59 AM
I know I posted a while back but, but I must correct myself. It looks like Stone (90) d prospect also had a great year offensively. He put away 17 goals in a competitive Manitoba AAA provincial league! Rookie camp should be very competitive.