PDA

View Full Version : Moran's jersey to be retired!

The Intimidator
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Excerpt from today's Herald:

QUICK HIT: The Hitmen are retiring the sweater of C Brad Moran (1995-2000) -- good ol' No. 20 -- before the Feb. 25 match against the Red Deer Rebels. Moran has written most of the franchise's records, including career points (448) and career games (356). Moran, 25, is currently skating for the AHL Syracuse Crunch.

Although for all intent and purpose it is already retired it will be great to see it raised to the rafters. A fitting tribute to a classy young man.

ScottyWazz
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Very well deserved honour for a guy who is very well deserving of it.

froliker2000
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
i dont think so yet he has no nhl experience maybe he wont make it far i think they should wait

Chipper
02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I agree that you should have a great pro career before you get a chance to have your jersey retired. I know he had an incredable jr career beleave me I used to cringe every time he skated down the ice but if you start retiring jersey's from star jr players in 20 years you wont have any numbers left under 100.

The_Vulk
02-09-2005, 05:52 PM
The retiring of a jersey should be based, first and foremost, on what the player DID here.

Not what they have done since.

To say only former WHL player whom are star NHL players can be retired would be unfair to those that either decided to play in the AHL, or in Europe instead of the NHL.

peatfan
02-09-2005, 08:03 PM
What is those "no" people thinking. Of course he deserves it based on what he does here. It is not the first case and certainly not the last. Dennis Sobchuck has his retired and it certainly wasn't on his NHL/WHA/Europe/etc career but his great 4 yrs in Regina. Right across the country their are plenty such cases. So a big yes to Brad and a great standing ovation when he comes on to the ice.

The_Vulk
02-10-2005, 01:36 PM
HITMEN HONOUR ALL-TIME LEADING POINT SCORER BRAD MORAN ON FEBRUARY 25TH (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/mediareleases/MEDIA_REL/comments.cgi?discussion_no=1&subject_no=232)
Moran’s #20 Will Be First Hitmen Number Retired

For Immediate Release Wednesday, February 08, 2005

Calgary, AB – The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club is proud to announce all-time leading scorer Brad Moran will be the first player in team history to have his number (#20) retired by the club.

The ceremony featuring Moran and other special guests will take place prior to the Hitmen’s 10th anniversary game on Friday, February 25th vs. Central Division rivals the Red Deer Rebels.

“To have my number retired by the Hitmen is a great honour,” said Moran. “This is the biggest individual recognition in my career so far and I will never forget it. I owe a big thanks to all my former teammates, the entire Hitmen organization as well as the great fans in Calgary, if it wasn’t for them this wouldn’t have been possible.”

Moran is the club’s leader in almost every offensive category some of which include; most career goals (204), most career assists (244), most career points (448), most career games played (356), most assists in a single season (72), most career playoff points (82) and most career playoff assists (48).

“Brad was the first premier player to play for the Hitmen and is very deserving of this honour,” said Hitmen General Manager and Co-Coach Kelly Kisio. “During his five seasons in Calgary he was a great leader both on and off the ice and set the standard for all Hitmen players afterwards.”