PDA

View Full Version : Future has to be dealt with tomorrow.

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
One of the greatest things about the Whl is year after year we have the privledge of watching new players come into the league. The Warriors have had good luck in the last few drafts getting some future stars like Smith Wray Holzapfel. To name a few.

Warriors pick 17th overall. I am wondering if they are thinking of possibly trading up to number one. It would be nice for the future of the Warriors if they did. We could possibly end up with Prokop Grecica Labreche Cowan Suer Hamonic as our top end players 3 years from now. Wow, that would be a Mem Cup team for sure. Bast would be a 19 year old that season. Wray, Smith and Erhardt would be 20's.

Just a fun predicition there. Man I would be so excited to see that team play.

Triton
05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
I have a feeling Prince Albert will trade up for him.They sit at 4th,and are very close geographically.On CTV last night he expressed his interest in a couple of Eastern Division teams and MJ was not one of them.

Triton
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes they were one of them.Prince Albert,Swift Current and Saskatoon.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
I have a feeling Prince Albert will trade up for him.They sit at 4th,and are very close geographically.On CTV last night he expressed his interest in a couple of Eastern Division teams and MJ was not one of them.

I am guessing that Saskatoon was one of the teams that he is interested in playing for(If Saskatoon trades up from the #15th pick that they have,but I would not think that would happen :( but we will see.

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
That doesn't mean he wouldn't play here. He is listing some teams that are super close to him.

I think Moose Jaw has the depth to make the trade. I have no doubt that they could make things happen tomorrow.

This is a serious trade option here.
Spencer Hoehn 2nd rd pick
Michael Trebish later round pick but solid player
1st round pick 17th overall 2006

We could easily afford to give up 3 players. We are deep at d prospects and adding him makes us that much deeper. I also believe we are deep in offensive players so we don't really need to add more offense this draft. Some nice depth players that can compete would be nice.

I think with our offense taken last draft and Suer and Cowan on D we would have a top 5 of players to be reconed with. I hope Lang makes a move here.

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 02:34 PM
We could actually afford to give another player as well.
Blake Barkwell who spoted in this season. He would be a 19 year old this season but has good skills and always creates offense. He could easliy step in and add a little offense. We haven't had room for him on this team and he should play somewhere in the Whl. He has pretty good skills. That would help the team score some goals now and also allow him to play in the league. It would also build on the youth they have and higher end guys.
Trebish is a decent dman. Moves the puck well and is a 16 year old
Hoehn has above average skills. He is fast and has a hard shot. Quick release is also nice. He is 5 foot 9 so he is a little smaller but that will not be a huge issue with teh upcoming rule changes next season.
1st round pick should still land them a good pick and still get a high end 15 year old out of the draft. Of course it wouldn't be Cowan but still a high end guy.

Triton
05-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Don't be disappointed when it DOESN'T happen,cause I doubt it will.

SectionNDeserter
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
We could possibly end up with Prokop Grecica Labreche Cowan Suer Hamonic as our top end players 3 years from now.Yes, except that any deal for that pick would probably involve one or more of those players.

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I am hoping that something like that could happen. These kind of players on a team that is already pretty good is going to give that team a good solid couple of years for sure.

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Yes, except that any deal for that pick would probably involve one or more of those players.

I am saying deal all of those players for that pick... I am not saying one of them

Warrior Fan
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, except that any deal for that pick would probably involve one or more of those players.

I am saying deal all of those players for that pick... I am not saying one of them

SectionNDeserter
05-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I am saying deal all of those players for that pick... I am not saying one of themOh, I misunderstood, I read that as you saying that the players I quoted would be your top-end players...