PDA

View Full Version : blades to trade up to get cowan?

wango tango
05-03-2006, 01:01 PM
it's all just speculation, but i'm hoping molleken at least called spokane to inquire about the price of their first overall bantam pick.

would it take a player like mccrae and our first round pick next year to even get talks started with the chiefs? mccrae will mean a lot to saskatoon next year, and what would dealing a player like him signal for the coming season?

the blockbuster between the chiefs and blades at the deadline last season proved there is a history between the two teams, more often than not gm's are more likely to swing a trade with someone they trust to get fair value back in trade.

cowan has been compared to a young pronger, and his family lives in saskatoon.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
it's all just speculation, but i'm hoping molleken at least called spokane to inquire about the price of their first overall bantam pick.

would it take a player like mccrae and our first round pick next year to even get talks started with the chiefs? mccrae will mean a lot to saskatoon next year, and what would dealing a player like him signal for the coming season?

the blockbuster between the chiefs and blades at the deadline last season proved there is a history between the two teams, more often than not gm's are more likely to swing a trade with someone they trust to get fair value back in trade.

cowan has been compared to a young pronger, and his family lives in saskatoon.

That might be a good idea and it is probably a good sign that Spokane has the 1st overall pick(because of the trust that was developed in that Blockbuster trade like you said)

It will be interesting to see what is done at the Bantam draft. I am sure that the Blades will be able to get a player that they want (in the 1st round) and throughout the rest of the draft.

Trav
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I wouldnt go overboard to get him. The Blades picked McCrae near the end of the first round three years ago and he's done better then some of the guys picked ahead of him so the same thing can happen this year although its possible that whoever the Blades pick may not turn out either but I think in the last three years the players we've gotten have or will turn out to be solid players (McCrae, Gillies and Zahn). There seems to be a lot of Saskatoon kids and a lot of players that are the type Molleken wants so they should do fine.

Dwight Schrute
05-03-2006, 08:52 PM
i doubt stoon gets him

Trav
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
doubt the Raiders will get him either lol like some Raider fans have suggested. If the Chiefs are smart, they'll just bypass him and take either one of the top forwards.

Dwight Schrute
05-03-2006, 10:29 PM
doubt the Raiders will get him either lol like some Raider fans have suggested. If the Chiefs are smart, they'll just bypass him and take either one of the top forwards.
raiders need scoring forwards more than a cowan
they have good young dmen
id like to see ferraro (but i doubt it)

Trav
05-03-2006, 10:52 PM
the Blades draft a Saskatoon kid. Doubt Bubnick or Ashton will be available when its the Blades turn but if one is, u can bet they'll nab either one.

wango tango
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
the Blades draft a Saskatoon kid. Doubt Bubnick or Ashton will be available when its the Blades turn but if one is, u can bet they'll nab either one.

selecting local product berg may be a good pick. he sounds like a big strong solid shut down type of dman. the buzz word lately seems to be mobility when used to describe the game for dmen in scouting reports, meaning can they skate. as the standard for calling hooking, holding, etc gets tighter skating ability and positional play is key.

don't think the trade talk with cowan is dead yet, it just got quieter. there is a lot of time between now and when he would have to commit so spokane will give the family all the time and information it requires to make a decision. if the family sticks to its guns about jared playing closer to home in a year from now...