PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for visiting teams?

Bran
05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Do teams have to make any number of tickets available for fans of visiting teams, similar to the way they do with the Mem Cup? Like, would I be able to buy tickets for the games in Moose Jaw through the Giants?

N.W. Bruin
05-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Do teams have to make any number of tickets available for fans of visiting teams, similar to the way they do with the Mem Cup? Like, would I be able to buy tickets for the games in Moose Jaw through the Giants?

Yes. Teams have to hold about 200 tickets for visiting team's fans and family. Better hurry though as Paul Alber's dad has a bus load of family and friends going from Melville.

Beaner
05-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Not 100% sure how it works but the teams do have to set aside a certain number of tickets.

I think it is 100 tickets or something like that, and something tells me the families of the players get first crack at them.

I would phone the Giants office asap and find out, remember the MJ rink only holds 3100 people, so its not as though they can set aside 1000 tickets like Vancouver can.

Bran
05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
They're only selling tickets for Giants home games...thanks for your help though, guys! I don't understand how the the games aren't listed on the Ticketmaster website, or how the only place you can purchase them is through the Warriors ticket office. If I'm not mistaken, Vancouver is already selling tickets for games 6 and 7? Moose Jaw isn't even selling tickets for game 5, which is all but guaranteed. When you finally get through, the usual menu comes up but instead og giving you the usual push one, push two - type options, it's like push 22 to talk to this person, push 23 to talk to that person...It takes half an hour to get through the menu, then the thing comes up to talk to a person in the office, so I push the button and it says wait on the line until someone becomes available, so I'm waiting and it asks me to speak louder! And I kinda said "huh?" At this point it beeps and tells me to push another option to listen to my message, and another to re-record it. I don't remember having ever been asked to record a message!! Someone's gonna get a message of me saying "huh?" I should have pushed the option 399 or whatever it was to talk to Chad Lang...their ticket operation leaves a lot to be desired. It's one thing if it's constantly busy, but when you finally get through they don't want to talk to you!

Yes. Teams have to hold about 200 tickets for visiting team's fans and family. Better hurry though as Paul Alber's dad has a bus load of family and friends going from Melville. Haha, I figured as much. That does give me an idea though...haha maybe it's not a lost cause.

The Warriors are supposed to be sending a fan bus up to Vancouver, but #1, I don't think I could afford a trip like that and #2, I don't know if I could stand a trip that long with a bunch of Warrior fans. It would have to be for games 6 or 7 anyway, because I'm going to Lloydminster this weekend. And even then, I don't know if I could get the time off...I guess someone doesn't want me to see this series!!

EDIT: I got through to the office again in MJ...the option I pushed to get information about tickets or to talk to soem secretary lady told me her inbox was full and hung up on me...I don't know how they equate leaving a message with talking to a PERSON. :spineyes:

dondo
05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
no on-line access through ticketmaster Bran?

from what I hear the crushed can is very very small arena, so i don't know how many tickets would be available in the end, but hopefully you can get something.

I think automated phone systems are the biggest time -waster ever created, but maybe that's just me.

Bran
05-04-2006, 06:07 PM
no on-line access through ticketmaster Bran?

from what I hear the crushed can is very very small arena, so i don't know how many tickets would be available in the end, but hopefully you can get something.

I think automated phone systems are the biggest time -waster ever created, but maybe that's just me.
I ended up getting hold of a couple of tickets...What really bugged me about the automated thing was that it would pick up, send you to completely random inboxes to leave messages (even when you didn't want to leave a message in the first place!) and then hang up on you!

dondo
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I ended up getting hold of a couple of tickets...What really bugged me about the automated thing was that it would pick up, send you to completely random inboxes to leave messages (even when you didn't want to leave a message in the first place!) and then hang up on you!

lol

maybe its just a Moose Jaw thing ;) - the last time I was in Moose Jaw there were tumbleweeds rolling down Main Street (granted this was a long time ago as I was a mere child - not that I'm not now - in spirit at least :thumb: )

langdak
05-04-2006, 06:18 PM
I wonder if the players bust out their skateboards for some half pipe action on the roof during their training days :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/missy_beski/mj.jpg

dondo
05-04-2006, 06:24 PM
ha ha - they probaby could.. where's the sense in having it lower in the middle though.. don't the players run into the scoreboard? lol

hey now that's ^ a prarie storm a brewin'

rinkrat
05-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Where do they hang the banners? LOL.

agent
05-04-2006, 10:44 PM

Actually it was a problem so they are building a new rink to hang the Memorial Cup banner. :)

Bran
05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
They have banners?? This is the first time they've ever made it past the 2nd round...there aren't a lot of banners to hang. It is a funny looking place though. I remember driving by there one day with my parents one day when I was younger and wondering how the people fit in there! Now that you've said that, I can just picture guys out there skateboarding on the roof!! It's kind of a stupid set up...ever seen video of games from in there?? There are certain angles you can't see because of the slope of the roof, it's hard to see the ice because the roof is in the way. Moose Jaw is a crazy place, for sure.

SeventhHeaven4U
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Actually it was a problem so they are building a new rink to hang the Memorial Cup banner. :)

WOOHOO!!! HIGH-5 Agent!! Warriors all the way baby!!!!

Beaner
05-04-2006, 11:53 PM

Wow 40 Million for a Banner hanger? I can make you something for 1/2 that.

LOL.

langdak
05-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Wow 40 Million for a Banner hanger? I can make you something for 1/2 that.

LOL.

I will make it for free out of burger king straws

Doesnt have to be durable when it isnt supporting any weight ;) :)

GF71
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
FYI.... The Giants were only given 108 tickets per game. They were all used by family members/Management/Staff.

Beaner
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
FYI.... The Giants were only given 108 tickets per game. They were all used by family members/Management/Staff.

Heh, I wonder how many new family members Albers got this week. :laugh:

Nice to see the families get a chance to see the boys play in the Finals.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Heh, I wonder how many new family members Albers got this week. :laugh:

Nice to see the families get a chance to see the boys play in the Finals.
54 for the Albers family, 54 for the Parker family. :D