PDA

View Full Version : Funny, the Blades pick...

Trav
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
an 88 born forward with their last pick. Kyle Klym, unless that's an error on the WHL website. That's weird. If accurate, he'll be with his 2nd WHL team, tried out for the Rebels last year I guess, didnt make the team obiviously, played in the MJHL, stats are pretty low, wonder why Molleken would do that.

Dwight Schrute
05-04-2006, 05:02 PM
i thought the draft was for 91 born players only
a kid who would be starting his 18 year old season..... wouldnt it be easier to just list him ?

Trav
05-04-2006, 05:06 PM
who were 16 or over already. I'm guessing there's a roster freeze, meaning nobody can be listed so the Blades just used a pick that im guessing they didnt need for a bantam player and used it on Klym.

Warrior Fan
05-06-2006, 12:22 PM
considering Klym was drafted by the Moose Jaw Warriors and was traded in the Dan Mercer trade with Red Deer. I think that is very funny.
Red Deer releases him and they redraft him.

Trav
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Look what happened last year with the trade with Everett. The Blades got Brennan Zasitko for nothing, Everett gave up on him to soon and he came here and did well for the Blades, good energy player. Not saying Klym will do the same thing but wont hurt the Blades at all if he doesnt make the team this year.

witness
05-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Also, the players picked in this years draft do not have to listed on the 50 player protection list. They are untouchable from the expansion draft. Just Lorne's way of using the draft rule to protect another player.