PDA

View Full Version : Worst logo

Triton
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I pissed myself reading some of this guys description of worst logos.There are 4 pages of these.These just have to be read...

my favourite is the Springfield Indians - AHL - 1974-75.

You will laugh..

http://www.bushparty.com/htms/hockeylogos.htm

Hatguy
05-04-2006, 05:27 PM
I like the Long Island Ducks EHL because of the migration comment and that really poor Austin Mavericks USHL Bull thingy.

Triton
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I like the Long Island Ducks EHL because of the migration comment and that really poor Austin Mavericks USHL Bull thingy.

Did you see all 4 pages of logos?

Hatguy
05-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah there are some really poor logos there.

HAF
05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
He made a good point that I have often wondered about. What exactly does a dragon have to do with the Kelowna Rockets? Is it some kind of local folk lore or something?

Scout
05-04-2006, 09:37 PM
It is a replica of Ogopogo. Legend has it that the waters of Kelowna have a creature similar to The Lockness Monster.

Scout

HAF
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM
It is a replica of Ogopogo. Legend has it that the waters of Kelowna have a creature similar to The Lockness Monster.

Scout
Thanks scout. I googled it and found some interesting information. Take a look

http://www.strangemag.com/ogopogo.html

Colin
05-05-2006, 01:49 PM
*permanently bookmarks this page*... thank you kindly for that link. :D like you said, the descriptions make it a million times better.

i, for one, quite liked the vancouver voodoo logo.

dondo
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
^ at the time it was very original, and it was refreshing to not have yet another team named after a whale, or bird, or westcoast native myth. I still have a maraca from the first VooDoo game (i think it was a freebee, as I don't recall paying for it - maybe I stole it ;) ).. maybe I should get it on e-bay.

good link.. saw it a few years back, but it was fun to see again.. if you guys haven't already, click on the reader's submissions/comments on the bottom of the page.. lots of fun.

Triton
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
good link.. saw it a few years back, but it was fun to see again.. if you guys haven't already, click on the reader's submissions/comments on the bottom of the page.. lots of fun.

The Dallas Stars third jersey that looks like the female reproductive system actually does look like it.