PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jennings

medicinehat_tigers
02-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I was just wondering how Jennings is doing for you ive seen him play when he was in the Alberta Junior hockey league!

Kassian
02-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Jennings played very well when he first came on board. The Giants wanted to test him out to see if he was reliable enough to be the Giants starter while Schwarz was playing in the World Juniors. Jennings stepped it up and helped the Giants get a few important wins. However it did seem as though he slowed down a little right before the Giants got Schwarz back. He struggled a little playing on the road. Either way he has been a solid addition. It is nice having two goaltenders you feel comfortable playing in just about any situation.

Now if only the players would show up and do something and Schwarz could show a little damn consistancy... :dead:

HockeyFan04
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I think if you check the stats you'll see neither Shwartz nor Jennings has great stats on the road but excellent stats at home. When both your goalies share the same kind of discrepancy, it's usually a team issue and not a goalie thing. Interesting to see that both their stats are virtually identical. Being that 3rd, place is where they are going to end up, no matter what, I think if I were Hay I'd give them both equal time over the balance of the season and whoever rises to the challenge gets the nod to start the play-offs. Let's see who responds!

Kassian
02-16-2005, 01:00 AM
I think if you check the stats you'll see neither Shwartz nor Jennings has great stats on the road but excellent stats at home.

The same could be said for the entire team. They are terrible on the road but above average at home. So that is why the stats for both Schwarz and Jennings reflect that. As a whole Jennings has played better than his stats may show.

rinkrat
02-19-2005, 01:34 AM
I heard Bonner on mojo today...He said Tyson Sexsmith will be here next year.Where does that leave Jennings? I didn't think it was fair to say that in public,even if it is the plan! Jennings has played well when asked to play.

Beaner
02-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Isnt he a 20yr. old next year?

They arent going to use a 20 yr. old spot for a backup goalie.

HockeyFan04
02-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Either way Sexsmith will be back-up. Jennings has proven he can play and the Giants will be able to trade him if Schwarz comes back to Vancouver.