PDA

View Full Version : Pats need to get 19 yr olds

patsdude114
05-05-2006, 04:48 PM
The Regina Pats need to find themselves a quality 19yr old before the season starts. With the odds stacked highly against them on getting Kalus returned the Pats only have 2 skaters who will be 19 and thats Senseman and Reinhart both players who could be bumped from the team in training camp with a strong performance from a 16 or 17 yr old.

I hope Parker and Ripplinger notice this and do there best to correct this in the off-season.
The only 19 yr old who WILL be on the team at the start of the season is Reekie (ya doesnt excite me to much) hopfully Reekie can put his inconsistant play behind him this past season. Reekie is a capable goaltender but if he plays like he did last season this team will be out 1st round again. Reekie is to hot and cold to carry a team on his back.
Myself im not sure what kind of 19 yr old players who could be out there for trades. The good teams in this league have a strong core of 19 and 18 yr old players we have a VERY strong 18 yr old core of players but very weak on the 19 yr olds. Every team relies on there 20 yr olds to carry the load (which we have a strong core of 20 yr olds) lead by Festerling, K.Ross, Deck (I know theres Fuder, Sievert, and Fauth but neither will beat out the others) I'm not even sure if these guys have much of a trade value considering there role players (my guess is maybe a 8th or 9th round pick at best) should be interesting going into training camp in late Aug.

Lets hope Parker can make a move for a solid 19 yr old

witness
05-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I am not willing to count out Fuder yet. With all the quality young defense men that the Pats have, I think that Deck might be great trading bait for a quality forward. Or the Pats may have to package up a couple of up and coming defense men for a scoring right winger.