PDA

View Full Version : Last home game this season?

N.W. Bruin
05-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Though I believe we have to win this game, I can't help but wonder if tonight is the last game we will see live. Win or lose because of the 2-3-2 format there is a chance that we will not see our overagers again plus Fistric and Brule and maybe a couple others. There is a chance there could be a game six but we have to go into Moose Jaw with a two to nothing lead in games.

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
05-06-2006, 02:27 PM
ok, this makes up my mind whether to buy tickets for tonight or not, im so going tonight. :clap:

GF71
05-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I want to see the Giants win this as soon as possible, but the selfish side of me wants it to go six, so i can see them wrap it up in person.

dondo
05-06-2006, 03:41 PM
yeah I am tending to lean your direction GF, but with no guarantees if we can bury this team early I'd be all for it. It's tough, but we don't want to allow this squad to get on a roll either.

dondo
05-06-2006, 03:43 PM
ok, this makes up my mind whether to buy tickets for tonight or not, im so going tonight. :clap:

you mean there was a DOUBT??

langdak
05-06-2006, 03:51 PM
a win is a win

at home or on the road, doesnt much matter to me

i am more then prepared to have the boys win it all on the road

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
you mean there was a DOUBT??

cuz the seats left are crap, but my parents told me like 10 minutes ago they bought tix for tonights game a long time ago but didnt telll me till now lol, Sec J row 10 I CANT WAIT....oh yeah, and I want the game to finish in 6 so I can see the Giants win at home. :D

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2006, 04:16 PM
a win is a win

at home or on the road, doesnt much matter to me

i am more then prepared to have the boys win it all on the road
Yep. Take the wins where you can and don't tempt fate. If tonight is the last home game of the year, so be it. We've been royally entertained by this marvelous team since game 1 (hey, even the pre-season game in Ladner was fun to watch!). If MJ wins tonight, we'll very likely get a game 6, as I don't see either club sweeping the 3 games in the crushed can. If the Giants win tonight, there's a pretty good chance they can win 2 of 3 in MJ and we won't be at the PC till next fall. But that's okay, too. We'll just have to all get together (at the Shark Club perhaps?) to see the boys do battle in Moncton. I think I can live with that. :)
Here's to another big effort in Game #2! :thumb:

Section_Z
05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm with the Champs buddy on this one. Whether ithe last game at the PC is tonight, or next week, when we're in Moncton they're all games on the road. Let's show Moncton now that there is no "Home Ice advantage" when you are playing our Giants.

langdak
05-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Yep. Take the wins where you can and don't tempt fate. If tonight is the last home game of the year, so be it. We've been royally entertained by this marvelous team since game 1 (hey, even the pre-season game in Ladner was fun to watch!). If MJ wins tonight, we'll very likely get a game 6, as I don't see either club sweeping the 3 games in the crushed can. If the Giants win tonight, there's a pretty good chance they can win 2 of 3 in MJ and we won't be at the PC till next fall. But that's okay, too. We'll just have to all get together (at the Shark Club perhaps?) to see the boys do battle in Moncton. I think I can live with that. :)
Here's to another big effort in Game #2! :thumb:

Great post knuckles :thumb:

TheBrass
05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree with the previous posters. Much as I love to watch these boys bang and crash at home, I'll take the series win no matter where it happens. Spirits seemed high after last night's win and I have to say at this point, I don't think there is any stopping this team. I keep wondering when they are going to plateau, but every new series they take it to another level. I'm with Knuckles on the Memorial Cup viewing party. :clap:

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree with the previous posters. Much as I love to watch these boys bang and crash at home, I'll take the series win no matter where it happens. Spirits seemed high after last night's win and I have to say at this point, I don't think there is any stopping this team. I keep wondering when they are going to plateau, but every new series they take it to another level. I'm with Knuckles on the Memorial Cup viewing party. :clap:
That's one thing that I've been watching closely for all season long. When will this team hit their peak? When do they hit the wall? I was very pleased with the looks of the team and the start way back in September/October. They got the work ethic down and took to out-shooting teams badly, two very good omens. But still, I was prepared for a point when certain limitations would set in. And now in May, I'm still waiting. Its shocking, actually. Who would have guessed that a guy like Johnny Blum would not only NOT hit the wall, but improve steadilly to the point where he is now? Not me. Playing on that all-star team in L.A., I figured the lack of games in a season would catch up with him. But he just continues to grow and amaze. Same with a guy like Machacek. The list goes on. Perhaps the answer is in coaching and leadership, which are clearly two areas where this team has excelled. We're not at the mountaintop yet, but its within view.

rinkrat
05-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Hay rested Blum earlier in the season,for that very reason.Also he put ALL players out in difficult,challenging situations all year.Its paying off now.I say Toigo better give Don a raise,we need to keep him here!

Swando
05-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Many, many great players have gone thru the Dub and never had a sniff at a Conference final let alone the Memorial Cup. You can bet that our leaders Brule, Fistric etc are telling the boys let's get it done NOW meaning in MJ.
I'm planning my celebration with my season ticket buddies as a home party.
Remember it's a 6 oclock start which gives us an extra hour to par tay!! and then get on line and celebrate with all US (me being #1) other no minds lol

Swando
05-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Also to add to my last comment ---- If and when we win the Dub Championship if it is won in MJ --I'll be on Dale Saip and others from the Giants head office to have a fan appreciation night regardless of how we do in Moncton ----AS I AM SURE MANY OF YOU WOULD WANT TO BE A PART OF.

dondo
05-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Remember it's a 6 oclock start which gives us an extra hour to par tay!!

so Saskatchewan is MST now swando? They switch from CST to MST depending upon if its daylight savings time or not, but i can never remember if they go to MDT, or to CDT?

help

Beaner
05-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Saskatchewan is currently 1 hr ahead of us now.

Swando
05-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Dondo - they can be MST CDT GST , WKRP, PMS WGAF etc I just posted what I heard form the boys on the radio that said remember it's a hour head of our time and the pregame on 7:30 starts at 5:30 pst

dondo
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
PDT - you mean .. :thumb:

thx for the heads-up.. and you too Beaner

N.W. Bruin
05-07-2006, 06:07 PM
The first two league championships by the New Westminster Bruins were won on home ice in game sevens against the Saskatoon Blades in a 2-3-2 format though the second time it was a eight point series so there could have been a eighth game) and they went on and lost the Memorial Cup final game.

The final two league championships were won on the road against Brandon (Best of nine which had three home games to start) in five straight and Billings Bighorns in a regular best of seven won in four straight. They won the Memorial Cup those years.

Some of those years there was no regular radio game broadcasts and definitely no games on TV except for the Memorial Cup final game. The entire tournament was not on the tube. So the fact we can see the games from Moose Jaw on TV and if they win the league title on the road so be it. And even if they don't make the Memorial Cup final if they advance we can still watch them.