PDA

View Full Version : JD Watt

CB123
05-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I got my dad to bid at the silent auction table tonight. I got him to bid on this signed/framed picture of JD Watt. It is a picture of him from behind with his arms up, and head down after he just scored, and everything in the background is out of focus, and he is in focus. It is soooooo nice.

Well, the original bid was $90 by P.Raymond, so we bid $100. Then they went up to $110, so we bid $120.

Then my friend and I were standing by it so we could see who P.Raymond was, and about 5min before the auction closed, these two woman walked up to bid, and the older one had a Watt jersey on.

I was like aw... Then the younger one was like "oh are you bidding on this? and I was like yeah... and she was said to the other woman "oh we cant bid on this than, we have to let him have it... we can get it another time..."

I just said, no, you bid if you want, but can I ask where you got the name put on ur jersey?

She was like "We will lat you have the Signed Picture, we can get another one anytime. And as for the jersey the team put the name and # on it, because Im his grandmother..."

I was like oh no! I cant win the picture! take it! You have it!" and they were both so nice, and said I have to take it. and the other woman was his mom, and she was like "whats ur name? Chris, ok Im going to tell JD about you" ahahhaha it was so awesome, we talked a bit of hockey, then they let me have it, they were so nice, and now the picture is hanging in my room.

Oh yeah, and right after that happened, JD Scored!!!! It was sooooooo awesome!!!!

P.S.
Ahahahhaha SORRY TO ANY MISUNDERSTANDING! I Just Re-Read what I posted last night, and it sounded like they gave me the jersey, that isnt what happened! SORRY! lol they only let me win the Signed/Framed Picture, lol I was writing it in a rush last night, and I was sooooo hyper after the game, lol sorry again for the confusion!!!!! I must seem like an idiot lol. Watts Grandma and Mother are still very nice people though! lol

TheBrass
05-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Congrats on winning the auction! It's nice to hear where JD gets his fantastic manners from. I have never seen him anything less than thrilled when a fan wants an autograph or to chat. 100% class act as far as I'm concerned.

SeventhHeaven4U
05-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Awww Congrats CB!!! That is soooo great!!!!!!!!!!!! May you have many years of fond memories !!!!! Love to hear stories like that, makes ya feel all warm n fuzzy inside lol.

Beaner
05-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Nice. Love hearing those stories.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Great story. The Watt family sound like terrific people. Nice to get the item on a night when JD gets his first goal of the playoffs, too. :thumb:

Carebear
05-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Congrats on winning the auction! It's nice to hear where JD gets his fantastic manners from. I have never seen him anything less than thrilled when a fan wants an autograph or to chat. 100% class act as far as I'm concerned.

I'd always heard a lot of bad stories about him, but everytime there's a kid standing near the boards during warm up he throws a puck over, its awesome. One night he threw one over but some older guy caught it, and JD banged on the boards with a very threatening look and pointed to the little kid...i laughed, but yah he seems to be really good with the fans. Classy!

Swando
05-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Besides the great win tonight that is the nicest of "all" stories. I actually thot JD had his best game I have seen him play in a LONG time. Maybe it was due to his mom and grandmother being here. Great story. Thanks for sharing with us.

dondo
05-07-2006, 01:33 AM
great story CB123... its so nice to hear of people like that.. and I love that JD got a goal tonight as he worked his tail off, played solid Watt hockey and earned the reward.

wear the jersey proudly

GF71
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
My experiences with JD as far as introducing fans to him, or getting him to sign stuff for fans, etc have always been good. He has always been one of the most fan friendly guys on the team. Not to say some of them are not, most of them are, but he really goes beyond what is asked of him. He is a pretty good kid.

dondo
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM
darn I thought she gave you the jersey off her back :thumb: my mistake

ah well its nice to get the signed photo of JD for sure though CB.

CB123
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh Yeah! JD Watt With 3 Goals since I bought his framed/signed Picture!!!!

Way to Go JD!!!! :beer:

Go Giants Go!

GF71
05-08-2006, 09:47 PM
He best two games in a LONG TIME. Way to go JD! Forsure! haha

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Whew! 1 more win to go, Giants kick ass! :groovy:

Carebear
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
My friend is the biggest JAY DEE fan ever.
We're gonna start a fan club.

Swando
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
I've talked to him while he was injured and he is such a humble character. Tonight in his interview he was much the same way.. Good for JD. It's been a tough year for him. Higher expectations from himself as well as the team. 8 goals is a far cry from what I'm sure he had hoped for. I thought that Saturday night was his best game I had seen him play and I thought worthy of a star selection

dondo
05-09-2006, 12:11 AM
couldn't happen to better guy. A humble hard-working role player who contributes where he can. Way to go JD :clap:

Knuckles Muldoon
05-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Apart from helping the team win big games now, these goals that JD is scoring are going to help his confidence for next year in a big way. :bounce: