PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Roster next season

Warrior Fan
05-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Lineup for next season looks okay. The year after looks outstanding.

McArdle Jones/Boyd Holzapfel
Smith Wray Herman
Gillen Bast Robinson
Labreche Prokop Grecica
* not sure where to put McKenzie. I think he can play somewhere but it will be in a checking role for sure. He is huge and can skate well(in a straight line). He deserves to be here. Be a nice 20 year old on the roster the following season.

Hull, Nyren, Haag and Barkwell are going to push for spots as well.

Simpson Grundling
Zetariuk Erhardt
Chapman Sutter
Maetche/Stanton will battle for the last spot. Depending on how the younger guys play will determine what we do with Zetariuk.

Suer, Hamonic, Morrin, Trebish will be in the hunt as well.

We have a Euro spot available as well and if Svennson comes back it will help the offense out for sure.

Perricone
Jebson ----17 year old rookie played in BC last season for Hope. A terrible team but he was the bright spot for sure.

Am I missing anything. Is anyone else out their going to battle for a spot. guys you don't see on the roster. Let me know.

Triton
05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I think Boyd will probably be gone.Signed a deal with the Flames organization.Also you have to think who will be picked from your roster in the expansion draft.Who does MJ protect in that,and who do you think will be taken off your roster?

Warrior Fan
05-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Gillen Zetariuk or simpson will be gone. I can't see the Warriors letting any of the high end youth going at all. I would assume that we will protect all the youth and let the 20 go. No sense holding onto a 1 year spot and letting a 3 year guy go.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Warrior Fan
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
so it is such a guess to see who is sticking around or not. Brouwer?
I think that he could use another season in the Dub. He has shown a lack of size in the playoffs. He hasn't scored at anywhere near the same pace as the regular season and has generally taken a beating. He won't stick in the NHL yet and may not be big enough or composed enough for the Ahl yet and the Echl is just not that good so he may as well come back to the Jaw to dominate and take another shot at a title. Likely wishful thinking but who knows now a days.

witness
05-08-2006, 02:35 PM
He has been playing hurt. Since he has come back he has helped the team. I am pretty sure he is a 20 year old and he is done.

Warrior Fan
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
He plays hard every single shift and I love that about him. Like I said it is likely wishful thinking on my part.

Triton
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Brouwer is a 20 year old,and this is his last year in the WHL.As for Boyd,I don't think he'll crack and NHL roster but with Omaha just finished their first year,Boyd will probably be in the Ak-Sar-Ban organization next season.

Warrior Fan
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
we are going to be a dynamite team the following season. I think if the Warriors make the right moves to develop enough youth next season while still focussing on the playoffs we could be a dominant team the following season. Far better than the team we have this season even. The depth is just flat out great.

Top line could have 2 full seasons together maybe 3.
Smith Wray Holzapfel. 18 19 and 20 year old seasons could be up for us. Next season is asking alot of them but the next 2 will be unreal. Prokop Grecica Labreche Bast Haag Hull Robinson Mckenzie Herman Maylon will all be around the next season as well.
Hamonic Erhardt Smith Chapman Suer Maetche Stanton will all be high end dmen IMO. Chapman will be a 20 year old on that team. I am sure he will be huge and much improved over the next 2 seasons.
Perricone and Jebson in the net for the second straight season. We all know what Perricone can do now how about 2 years from now.
Yikes. Could be scary good I think

starplayer9
05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
who does moose jaw in there list that may be able to come out and maybe get a spot on the team, but may be a surprise? i hear they have some good depth all the way from goaltending through to forwards in some young 16 and 17 year olds guys, any of those players have a chance?

Warrior Fan
05-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Giffen Nyren could come and compete for a spot for one.

Hatguy
05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Svensson is gone for sure. Brouwer is gone for sure, I don't even know how you didn't know Brouwer was done, but that's beyond the point. If Boyd and Jones come back, which I doubt both or even one will Gillen will be on the choping block most likely.

Warrior Fan
05-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Brouwer stuck this year. He was my example. Come on here give a guy some credit you guys. Holy cow.

I am saying that he was a suprise to return not a huge suprise but he was a suprise none the less.

Warrior Fan
05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Lineup for next season looks okay. The year after looks outstanding.

McArdle Jones/Boyd Holzapfel
Smith Wray Herman
Gillen Bast Robinson
Labreche Prokop Grecica

Hull, Nyren, Haag and Barkwell are going to push for spots as well.

Simpson Grundling
Zetariuk Erhardt
Chapman Sutter
Maetche/Stanton will battle for the last spot. Depending on how the younger guys play will determine what we do with Zetariuk.

Suer, Hamonic, Morrin, Trebish will be in the hunt as well.

We have a Euro spot available as well and if Svennson comes back it will help the offense out for sure.

Perricone
Jebson ----17 year old rookie played in BC last season for Hope. A terrible team but he was the bright spot for sure.

Am I missing anything. Is anyone else out their going to battle for a spot. guys you don't see on the roster. Let me know.

Just another look at this.

McArdle19 Euro ? (18) Herman 19
Smith 18 Wray 18 Holzapfel18
Gillen/Haag17 Bast 17 Robinson18 The below have a shot as well.
Grecica 16 Prokop 16 Labreche16 (McKenzie, Haag, Hull, Nyren)

Simpson20 Grundling 19
Zetariuk20 Erhardt 17
Chapman19 Sutter18
Maetche17/Stanton17/Suer16/Hamonic16

Perricone19
Jebson17

I think that the Warriors need to address 2 spots for this season.
1) top end center for the top line. I want to see them put that Holzapfel Smith Wray line togther as it could be a great line.
2) We need to address the lack of qualified 18 year old dmen. Edwards and Sutter are the only 2 that are in that age group on the back end. Now that is a short fall.
* A couple of other tidbits
3) I also think that if a 17 year old like Hull, Nyren or Haag have good offensive abilities we should think of keeping one of them to play with Bast. I say this because I think we lose Gillen in the expansion draft for sure.
*1st round bantam pick that has huge playoff experience and will be able to lead the troops in Chilliwack next season. Just my thoughts anyway.
4) after this season we can't afford to lose Grundling Zetariuk and Simpson. We need to develop a little more youth for a solid run the next season. We are going to have an outstanding team in 2 years and need to be set up in all dept's for that. Our 20's will be Perricone, Herman and Chapman. (2007 season)

Maetche could be a good dman. He is going to have to come to camp with the right attitude. If you want something you have to fight for it. This team is developing great players and to not make the team as a 16 is not a bad thing when you look at what that team accomplished. That is a tough team to crack as a 16 year old. Have to work hard and be prepared.
Stanton has worked hard and has raw skill. He is naturally tough and plays with a chip. He is going to fight for a spot for sure.
Suer and Hamonic are 2 higher end dmen at the 16 year old age group. I think they are both going to be impact players in the not so far off future.

Hatguy
05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sure we could trade for a centre for the top line or shuffle things around a bit. I doubt we would be able to draft a good Euro starting centre in the draft at our spot. So looks like a trade or we stick with what we got.

Warrior Fan
05-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Allow them to gel for 2 years and we should be fine. We have a real good core coming in with high end skill on the front and back end. We are getting that depth you need year in and year out. Lets build on that this season and set ourselves up for the next 3 or 4 years to really make a serious run each year.

WHEATMAN
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Any comment on Zetariuk staying in the Jaw? I would love to see the wheaties deal for him, would MJ be interested in giving him up?

Warrior Fan
05-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Any comment on Zetariuk staying in the Jaw? I would love to see the wheaties deal for him, would MJ be interested in giving him up?
I think we have to get a little younger on the backend next season to let the team grow together.
We have a need for a good centerman or a an 18 year old dman. I am sure something could be done though.

Hatguy
05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I say that Lang would be willing to trade Zetariuk, but he will be our best Dman next year in my mind. He has good leadership skills and he can hit hard and fight. We do need a more offensive dman though.

SeventhHeaven4U
05-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm not so sure Lang would trade Zets. As you said, he has good leadership skills and I believe he has the offensive ability you're talking about, moreso than Simpson, IMHO. He can be counted on in all scenarios-SH,PP, even strength. Young may have been blasted by some of his fans for using Jesse in on a wing position during the playoffs during the Hitmen series, but I believe it was a gutsy move and a wise choice. I think he will finish his WHL career in MJ, its too bad he wasn't traded to us sooner so his skills would have been honed and appreciated much sooner!!!

skinnyhead
05-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm not so sure that Lang will trade "Zets" beacuse we will have alot of young guys buying for a spot on the team next year and we will bring vet leadership to the club and the young guys

starplayer9
05-16-2006, 11:41 PM
How many goalies does MJ have listed? and which ones realistically have a chance to make the roster next season? I have seen Huston come in and out of camps, Karambelas, Jebsen, and Friesen who is a new grab, which of these or any others on the list have a chance of making the team next year, with the exception of Joey

Hatguy
05-17-2006, 08:17 AM
I thought putting Zetariuk in front of the net on the powerplay in the playoffs was the a great move. That's what we need to do, put Mackenzie or some big poop in front of the net. Our powerplay sure sucked at times last year.

Warrior Fan
05-17-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm not so sure that Lang will trade "Zets" beacuse we will have alot of young guys buying for a spot on the team next year and we will bring vet leadership to the club and the young guys
If he comes back we would have 5 dmen returning from this seasonst team. 2 20's and 2 19's that is just too old with our young offense. We need to get down some. We need to add at least one 18 year old on the backend and solidify our offense with a top end center to play that may take up the 20 year old spot.
Having 4 returning on the backend can lead the others. I expect it to be a good crop of youth on the backend this season and next and we need those kids to be adjusted and ready for the season following next. We are going to have a dynamite team for the next few seasons. (after this next one) Tons of skill up front and on the backend. We also have Joey for 2 more seasons and we have Jebson or Murray coming in to make some noise as well. Goalies are always tough to judge so we will have to wait and see with them.

We have to get a little younger on the backend. We would lose Zets Simpson and Grundling after next season if we don't. That is too much.

Warrior Fan
05-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I thought putting Zetariuk in front of the net on the powerplay in the playoffs was the a great move. That's what we need to do, put Mackenzie or some big poop in front of the net. Our powerplay sure sucked at times last year.

I think that it would have been better for sure. He has better hands and scored like 7 goals in the playoffs. Makes more sense than a guy that is allergic to the puck. LOL
Just a joke there.

Warrior Fan
05-17-2006, 10:42 AM
How many goalies does MJ have listed? and which ones realistically have a chance to make the roster next season? I have seen Huston come in and out of camps, Karambelas, Jebsen, and Friesen who is a new grab, which of these or any others on the list have a chance of making the team next year, with the exception of Joey

I think that Jebson will battle for the back up spot this season as a 17 year old.

Hatguy
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
What I hated most was when Fecho was on the power play, that guy is literally allergic to rubber or something. He never shot, man if we can get a dman that can shoot the fricking puck, I think we'll do okay.

Don't we have three American goalies now.That's Wierd, maybe Lang like the American goalies. Perricone, Jebson and Mathews from the California draft. Then there's Kaczmar. And of course Leslie will be traded or dropped.

skinnyhead
05-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Let's hope next year on the powerplay if we have a good team again we can get the ball rolling and have a Lane Manson type of guy do nothing but stand infront of the net on powerplays. (What a useless player except on the powerplay)-Manson

starplayer9
05-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I havent heard of Wierd, but both Joey and Murray are from the States, Jebson from vancouver, Karambelas from Fort St. John, and im not sure where Kazmar is from.

agent
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Kazmar if from Pilotbutte area east of Regina. He has the best chance at backing up Joey next season.

starplayer9
05-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Why would MJ pick an older 18-19 your old goalie to back up Joey when they have alot of skill in a Jebson or a Karambelas. The back up wont be playing very many games, and will be strictly for development for when Joey leaves, I think a 17 year old goalie is the only choice.

agent
05-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Look at the past season with a 20 yr old backup.
Its obvious they want there young goalies to develope by playing SJ or Midget rather than sitting in the MJ bench like most 16 and 17 yr old players in the dub

Warrior Fan
05-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Look at the past season with a 20 yr old backup.
Its obvious they want there young goalies to develope by playing SJ or Midget rather than sitting in the MJ bench like most 16 and 17 yr old players in the dub
This past season we were in first place battling all season to win the league. I think next season is a different story. We will want to develop some youth to take over when the time is right. A 17 year old could take over as an 18 if Joey leaves and could also take over as a 19 if Joey stays as a 20. Could be a great situation. I guess they will take the one that gives them the best chance of winning. If Kaczmar is that good he will make the team be showcased and them be moved somewhere.

SeventhHeaven4U
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Obviously there's a reason why Young chose Joey N Josh/Andrew over Kaczmar. Just by looking at his stats with Lloydminster Bobcats this past season, I don't believe he'll be in the Warrior lineup as a 19yo goalie, just doesn't seem to have what we need in a backup.... don't believe he's trading material either.

Here's some info on Jebson and a link to his past 2 seasons with the Hope Icebreakers:
http://www.pijhl.com/sites/9994/page.asp?Site=9994&page=Players&LeagueID=9994&SeasonID=20&TeamID=19&PlayerID=1186&DivisionID=12&Section=Home

Karambelas: played in the rmmhl with the Flyers, some info on 2006 reg season: 30GP 1674mins; 93GA, 3.33GAA; .893SAV%; 780saves.
Playoffs: 5GP; 298mins; 14GA 2.81GAA .922Sav% 166saves 3w,2L

starplayer9
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Seems like both goalies played on teams that gave up alot of shots. Jebsons second year with the Icebreakers was an improvement, but was lacking consistancy. Karameblas with some better stats, but in a Midget League, good playoffs. Jebson is the smaller goalie by a couple inches, and both seem capable of grabbing the backup spot, should be interesting to see who gets the spot.