PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fans

saskduck
05-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Why is it that everytime the Warriors lose a game at home the fans litter the ice with any garbage they can find? Tonight it was towels. I sure hope those fans don't ruin the WHL Championship trophy presentation for those that want to see it. Usually the trophy would get awarded at centre ice, but you have to wonder if the league will do it if the fans start tossing garbage at the Giants. This may then force the league to hand over the trophy in the locker rooms.

My message to Warrior fans is show some class. If the Warriors happen to lose tomorrow night or Thursday, cheer for your team on the great year they had. Cheer the Giants to congratulate them on their hard earned win, it wasn't easy for them, and if there are Vancouver fans near you, congratulate them and wish them well in the finals. I attended a game at the end of February when the Broncos were in town and after a Bronco OT win I had people throwing trash at me and challenging me to fights just because I was cheering for my time, classless. You hardly ever see this in other arenas. Another good example was that brawl in the Brandon series. What an embarassment to the city and the team. Look at Calgary. There's fans with class. The Flames loose game 7 and the lone Anaheim fan in the building is being wished luck and congratulated by all the Flames fans. That's the way it should be done. I was thinking if that was Moose Jaw, that fan wouldn't make it out of the civic centre alive. So support your team, but don't get carried away if they happen to lose.