PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 roster

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah yeah I know we're still in the Memorial Cup, but I just wanna get this started up. Next year's team looks awesome, and of course we will have a full season to work out the kinks in the lineup for MC 2007!

ON forward we'll have
Kraus
Lucic
Watt (??)
Repik
Machacek
Reese
Rutherford
Lamb
Dulle
Czibere
Bliznak (??)
Hunt
Scharff
And James Wright and Lance Bouma should be fighting for a spot next year too, and we all know what Bouma can do!

Defense:
Blum
Festerling (??)
Mikkelson (??)
Flatters (??)
(Scharff if he goes back to defense)
and Franson (??)
Nathan Deck may have a shot
Ryan Molle
Brent Regner

So we may have a younger defense but not too shabby IMHO

Goaltending:

Slade (??)
Sexsmith
Tartaglione

I think Tartaglione could end up becoming #1 goalie next year if Slade goes to AHL, ECHL or NHL.....as you can tell I am not a sexsmith fan.

Oh yeah and when I put (??) beside a players name, it means will he be back............and im not counting Brule

Triton
05-11-2006, 09:48 AM
You may end up throwing Daniel Bertram in the mix.Would be a bonus if he could make his way over to you guys to kind of fill the void left by Brule.

N.W. Bruin
05-11-2006, 02:00 PM
ON forward we'll have
Kraus - definite
Lucic - definite
Watt - definite
Repik - definite
Machacek - definite
Reese - definite
Rutherford - COULD BE UNLIKELY
Lamb - definite
Dulle - likely
Czibere - definite
Bliznak - definite (He will only be 19 & team will not replace him - 2nd rd)
Hunt - definite
Bouma - definite
Wright - definite
Scharff - MAYBE THOUGH LIKELY ON DEFENCE DEPENDS ON FESTERLING
Bertram - definite (IF HE SHOWS)

Defense:
Blum - definite
Festerling - maybe though signed with Ducks
Mikkelson - definite
Flatters - maybe
Scharff - (MAYBE depends on Festerling)
Franson - definite (NOT READY FOR NHL AND CANNOT PLAY IN MINORS)
Nathan Deck - maybe
Ryan Molle - very likely
Brent Regner - definite

So we may have a younger defense but not too shabby IMHO

Goaltending:

Slade - maybe (I think he will go pro)
Sexsmith - definite
Tartaglione - maybe (Depends on Slade maybe traded)

Carebear
05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Another year of Hunt and Watt and I'll be a happy girl.

Why is Rutherford "could be unlikely"?

dondo
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
so here's a question.. with Fistric probably gone.. who gets the "C" ? Thoughts? No one springs readily to mind for me. Franson might not be a bad choice though, and they could be leaning toward someone like Tim Kraus.

rinkrat
05-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Festerling.

dondo
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Festerling.

I keep hearing that kind of thing about Festerling.. but he might be on the Ducks, or affiliate. Who else ya got rinkrat?

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I keep hearing that kind of thing about Festerling.. but he might be on the Ducks, or affiliate. Who else ya got rinkrat?
i have one Lamb, you know its so crazy it might work. :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
i wanna see if the giants make some big trades to beef up for their run. aquiring guys from the east. it was posted on the whiteboard back a while ago about maybe setoguchi. i hope slade is back and has a really good year.

Beaner
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM

Festerling and Scharff both wear the A's right now. That would be the inside track on the C for next year.

If neither of them are back next year, who knows.

Beaner
05-11-2006, 08:30 PM
i wanna see if the giants make some big trades to beef up for their run. aquiring guys from the east. it was posted on the whiteboard back a while ago about maybe setoguchi. i hope slade is back and has a really good year.

Kelowna didnt the year they held the cup after making it to the MC the year before.

Giants look in pretty good shape right now roster wise. We are losing some key pieces, but so is every team for next year.

I'm thinking a young goalie gets moved next year for a key missing piece depending on who makes it to the next level.

Swando
05-12-2006, 04:29 PM
You'll see a big name player coming our way if we don't have as good of start as needed in 2006/7. Unfortunetly it will come with a price tag..ie 1st rounder or a promising rookie like a Molle, Deck maybe even Wright. The run for the Memorial Cup at home is crucial. I think you'll also see Guys like Rutherford, Dulle, Flatters, Czbere being traded in the type of deal that brought us Mikelssen - a two for one. If you look at our draft this year we picked into the late rounds for the first time ever. Maybe they plan on trading away earlier picks thus depleting their alloted # .

If the Giants return this next seson with the same effort and results as this year I still see some minor tweaks but not one giving up a high draft pick or player. I still see them looking for a 20 year with scoring punch and grit. I keep mentioned Hunter from PG. I'd llike to have him.

rinkrat
05-12-2006, 04:34 PM
How about they pick up McArdle? BC boy,great player.

Swando
05-13-2006, 12:56 AM
RinkRat -- that is exactly the type of player they we'll go after. I may be a bit stupid here in saying this.... but I think that the WHL wants to strengthen the host teams roster and will go out of there way to give a player the chance to compete in the Memorial Cup. Therefore a Boyd, McArdle type player will be offered to the Giants from a team that knows it is not going to compete past a round or 2 in the play-offs and may be willing to take less in return in doing thier player a favour for years of service. Or another senerio is that an untouchable "older" player 19 year old will be let go when the Cup is in the West. A good example would be if Brule was available earlier to us and we knew that we may be out of the mix - we'd trade him for these 2 reasons.

Gosh I hope that we only tweak our line up slightly or get a major addition late at the deadline without mortgaging our next year to bad. I'd love to see this org. competing like Kelowna has for years and years to come - with a 7000 season ticket holder base! GO GMEN GO

Knuckles Muldoon
05-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Gosh I hope that we only tweak our line up slightly or get a major addition late at the deadline without mortgaging our next year to bad. I'd love to see this org. competing like Kelowna has for years and years to come - with a 7000 season ticket holder base! GO GMEN GO
Because of the MC next year, the season ticket base will be higher than usual. But look for it to decline in the years after, as a % of fans in the Fraser Valley flock to adopt the Chilliwack Bruins.

Carebear
05-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Because of the MC next year, the season ticket base will be higher than usual. But look for it to decline in the years after, as a % of fans in the Fraser Valley flock to adopt the Chilliwack Bruins.

I'm becoming a STH next year, and I'm actually closer to Chilliwack..BUT I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO THEM!
Giants 4 life!

Kassian
05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I am not too worried about the forward position. Although I certainly wouldn't complain if the Giants did indeed try and go after McArdle. I'd prefer they get somebody to help on the blue line.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm becoming a STH next year, and I'm actually closer to Chilliwack..BUT I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO THEM!
Giants 4 life!
Cara, you rock! :thumb: