PDA

View Full Version : US special draft..

Triton
05-16-2006, 05:00 PM
With the Raiders 4th pick,they choose extremely touted Troy Power.Power could very well be one of the best players available.Power played last season with the California Wave,who were National Midget AAA champions in the U.S.

Whether or not Power actually comes to Canada is a guess.He was also chosen in the 2006 USHL Draft,so the kid does have options.

Dwight Schrute
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
got any info like size stats where he was drafted in the ushl(and to who)
chances of him reporting etc... what kinda player he is ??

Dwight Schrute
05-16-2006, 06:07 PM
ok so i looked at the california wave website no stats there but he is listed at 5'10" 172lbs

dondo
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
so question: if he's that highly touted why wouldn't they have picked him up in the late rounds of the regular bantam draft.

I mean the Giants actually took a few Wave players in the latter rounds, so I was curious why the other clubs wouldn't have followed suit. Is it just because the US (Cali) draft players don't affect the 50 PPL until you select more than one?

Also this came out of the woodwork for me - did the WHL squads know that there was going to be a Cali draft when they had their bantam draft?

SeventhHeaven4U
05-16-2006, 06:52 PM
ok so i looked at the california wave website no stats there but he is listed at 5'10" 172lbs

Troy Power ,forward,Camarillo, CA, California Wave MidgetAAA U-16: drafted by Des Moines Buccaneers this year. selected in the 2006 USHL Draft. Troy was instrumental in capturing the recent national championship and was selected by The des moines Buccaneers who just won their own clark cup national jr. a championship.

The Wave had quite the impressive season, here's a site which shows the games they played and the results.... lotsa wins and very few losses.

http://www.californiawave.org/midget_aaa_results.htm

westbeach55
05-16-2006, 09:01 PM
the raiders also have max nicastro off the wave he was picked in last years bantam draft I believe

Dwight Schrute
06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
you guys think nicastro or power have a shot at the lineup this year ?