PDA

View Full Version : Nice story on NHL.com about Slade

old_time_hockey
05-17-2006, 06:02 PM
http://www.nhl.com/features/system/slade051506.html

He certainly has turned heads this season.

Glad to see him get some press on the NHL website.

dondo
05-17-2006, 07:38 PM
wow what a glowing article .. looks like our boy might be on a few more people's radar's than we thought originally.

Good for Dustin, controlling his temper and using it to focus his game as well as his personal understanding of his value to the team and the importance of playing well has put him into a whole other category.

Sounds like between Brodeur and Billy Ranford this kid's getting his head on the right way and its shows on theice and on the stat sheet.

Crosby rules
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I know for a fact that a lot of nhl teams are interested in him. That is why he is going the free agent route.......go to the highest bidder! How do i know this his dad(my cousin) let me in on this little secret.

Bran
05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
He (understandably) opted out of the draft in '04, went undrafted last year...It seems to me he would be better off becoming a free agent, he'll have more control over his career and where he ends up, can go to the highest bidder (or whatever team can offer him what he's looking for)...I think he would be better off as a FA.

It's good to see that people are taking notice of him, for the reasons they should for a change. I find it funny that Rod Pedersen (the "Voice of the Pats") still has so much animosity toward this kid. Not terribly surprising considering his very close relationship with Mr. Parker, but let it go already. Although he did mention that he ran into an "unnamed" player agent in Regina one day who informed him that Slade wouldn't be back in junior next year. I tried to find his exact quote (because now that I think of it, it may have been an NHL scout...pretty sure it was an agent though) but it's pretty near impossible to weed through the posts on his blog because they aren't dated, and you can only go through so many at once...I gave up. And this same source was right about Petr Kalus signing with Boston, days before it happened, so who knows. I wish him the best, at any rate.

Crosby rules
05-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey Bran, here is a scenario. He could be picked up by an NHL team, but have in toil in the minors and not play all the time, could be sent back to his junior team for playing time. I have an inside track on his situations.

Bran
05-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I could definately see that happening...Trouble with being a goaltender is that there isn't much room on any given team, so you can't be one of the best...you have to be the best. Another year in junior would probably be beneficial for him because at least that way, he's playing and not sitting on the bench for 90% of the year.