PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding the expansion draft

Warrior Fan
05-26-2006, 09:27 AM
I am sure they have been asked before but here I go anyway....

1. You can protect 12 players if you don't protect any 20 year olds? You can protect 14 players if you protect 3 20 year olds.
2. What is the date of the draft?
3. When do the protected lists have to be in?
4. How many players can each team lose?
5. Are the players that were taken in last years draft(05) be taken.
6. How does the 50 man list work? Are any players available off of that list. If we have a 16 year old that didn't play for the Warriors this season.... Can he be selected???

7. I am asssuming that the players from last years draft and this years draft are untouchable in the expansion draft???? Is that correct?
8. What about Euro's.? When is the Euro draft and would that Euro have to be protected in the expansion draft. I am not sure which comes first that is why I am asking.

Beaner
05-26-2006, 09:40 AM
1. best answered here. http://www.chilliwackbruins.com/content/bruins/roster.php
2. June 1st
3. No idea - they arent public anyway
4. Each team can lose 1 player - Except Tri-cites who can lose 3. Explained in link above. (Vancouver and Portland avoided the draft by making trades earlier in the year)
5,6,7. 90-91 born players are exmpt from the draft. Everyone else is fair game, unless the team puts them on the protected list.
8. Euro draft is end of June.

Warrior Fan
05-26-2006, 11:32 AM
On June 1st we will take part in the Expansion Draft. The league will agree on a formula whereby each team protects a certain number of players. In previous Expansion Drafts the number has been 15 - 16 players on the PPL. 15 and 16-year-old players are exempt from this draft. We will select one player from each team with the exception of the Tri-City Americans from whom we will be able to select 3 players. Tri Cities will only have the right to protect 12 players from their protected player list. This is part of the expansion agreement. The Expansion Draft will give us 22 players and along with the Import draft and some listed players, will make up the first Chilliwack Bruins Hockey Team.

We have lots of 16 year olds on our list that didn't play on our team. It says all 16 year olds are not available to be picked so I am not sure what that means.

for example I Giffen Nyren who is 16 and played AAA midget this season in Alberta. Can he be selected. They arne't that specific. That site is one of the sites that has caused my confusion on the subject.
I see you listed 90's and 91's.

What birth year was this past draft.

puckcollector
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
this years draft was for the 1991 born players

Beaner
05-26-2006, 10:31 PM
No 1990 or 1991 players can be picked by the Bruins in the expansion draft if they are on another teams 50ppl list wether they have played a game in the WHL or not.

1990 are considered 16 yr. olds, 1991 are 15 yr olds.

N.W. Bruin
05-26-2006, 11:49 PM
On June 1st we will take part in the Expansion Draft. The league will agree on a formula whereby each team protects a certain number of players. In previous Expansion Drafts the number has been 15 - 16 players on the PPL. 15 and 16-year-old players are exempt from this draft. We will select one player from each team with the exception of the Tri-City Americans from whom we will be able to select 3 players. Tri Cities will only have the right to protect 12 players from their protected player list. This is part of the expansion agreement. The Expansion Draft will give us 22 players and along with the Import draft and some listed players, will make up the first Chilliwack Bruins Hockey Team.

We have lots of 16 year olds on our list that didn't play on our team. It says all 16 year olds are not available to be picked so I am not sure what that means.

for example I Giffen Nyren who is 16 and played AAA midget this season in Alberta. Can he be selected. They arne't that specific. That site is one of the sites that has caused my confusion on the subject.
I see you listed 90's and 91's.

What birth year was this past draft.

Giffen Nyren if sixteen this season can be picked by Chilliwack. If sixteen next season he can't. Depending when he turned sixteen (Prior to Jan 1/06 or on Jan 1/06 and after that).