PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Cup Tournament MVP

The_Vulk
05-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Sunday is the big game. The crowning of the CHL's Champion.

It is also the day the tournamemt's MVP (Most Valuable Player) is announced.

Whom would we pick as MVP?

My choice would be Vancouver Giant's Brule. Even if you ignore his points, he has been a force on the ice. Hard hits, defensive play, offensive skills, etc. By far, he has outclass/outplayed everyone else in the entire tournament.

Triton
05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Brule or Tordjman for MVP.

dondo
05-27-2006, 04:06 PM
would they choose Brule - even though he didn't make it to the final?

I might choose a player like Marchand from Moncton - did all the little things
and maybe depedning upon how he does in the final Radulov

but really I think Gilbert deserves it not just for points but for the reasons given by The Vulk - impact player doing everything

chiefgongshow
05-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Its gotta be Brule hands down. Goulet and Radulov are good offensive players, but Brule did it all. Even after tomorrows game unless Quebec rattles off a lot of goals Brule will still lead in Points, Goals, Assists, and Face Off percentage. He was by far the best player in the tournament, though if Torjdman can shut out Quebec I think hed win MVP.

Dwight Schrute
05-28-2006, 10:49 AM
no love for luc bourdon ??? (i havent been able to see any games) but i know the type of player bourdon is how was he when moncton played vancouver ?

Triton
05-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Bourdon has been non existant in this tourny.When Moncton played Vancouver,Bourdon speared Brule,no call.

Bourdon,well actually the entire over hyped Moncton D has been a non factor in this MC.

Beaner
05-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Bourdon has been average at best. I think that he still only 60% after breaking his ankle.

Mind you I wasnt all that impressed with him during the WJHC either.

SectionNDeserter
05-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Bourdon has been average at best. I think that he still only 60% after breaking his ankle.He isn't the top defenseman on that team even, and has been used almost specifically to harass and shadow the other team's top players, so I think he really just hasn't been showing up on the scoreboard, or really making any spectacular plays. I have really been impressed with and enjoyed watching Oskars Bartulis play, that guy just totally controls his end of the ice.

rinkrat
05-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Bourdon has been non existant in this tourny.When Moncton played Vancouver,Bourdon speared Brule,no call.

Bourdon,well actually the entire over hyped Moncton D has been a non factor in this MC.
Bourdon was minus-39 when the Canucks drafted him.I've been calling him "minus-39" ever since.Only the Canucks would draft a minus-39 defenseman in the first round. :spineyes:

rinkrat
05-28-2006, 03:34 PM
That could be it for Brule's MVP.
Radulov has two goals and an assist early in the second.

Beaner
05-28-2006, 03:51 PM
That could be it for Brule's MVP.
Radulov has two goals and an assist early in the second.

Wow.

Have to agree Radulov gets MVP of the MC.

Add that to the trophy room, along with CHL player of the year as well which he got today.

Nashville must be drooling, with both Franson and Radulov in their system.

Hatguy
05-28-2006, 03:53 PM
and seeing as how Brule's team didn't win the Memorial Cup or even make it to the final. I'd pick Radulov. Brule is a machine though, so anything could happen.

Beaner
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Add another assist.

No doubt about it now.

The_Vulk
05-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Radulov won it.

Still think Brule was the more well-rounded player.

Guess an all "Q" final needed a "Q" MVP.

dondo
05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
so question has there ever been a player selected for Memorial Cup MVP who wasn't in the final game?

Radulov earned the MVP today though and backed up his 152pt season, to go with almost every other best of trophy awarded in the CHL this season.

Beaner
05-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Radulov won it.

Still think Brule was the more well-rounded player.

Guess an all "Q" final needed a "Q" MVP.

Radulov won it fair and square. Brule had a great Tournament, but Radulov got his team to the finals and almost beat Brule for the scoring title, and yet played 4 games to Brules' 5.

I agree though that Brule is the more well-rounded player.

scmejr
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
what about quebec's goaltender, he stood on his head against moncton yes he let in two goals back to back but he picked it up and they came out on top.

Beaner
05-31-2006, 09:29 PM
what about quebec's goaltender, he stood on his head against moncton yes he let in two goals back to back but he picked it up and they came out on top.

He was good, but none of the Goalies IMO were great in the Tournament.

IMHO there were only 2 choices, Brule or Radulov, they both dominated and were basically unstoppable.