PDA

View Full Version : question for giants fans ?

Dwight Schrute
05-28-2006, 11:19 AM
next year when you host the memorial cup and have a guaranteed berth, as i think we all know brule will be in columbus.but can he still be kept on the "ap" or active list so when columbus season ends he could play in the playoffs, much like brett parker did this year for you guys ?? the extra infusion of offense (especially after a full year with the big boys) would be a huge boost to an already strong team. is this a possibility ? or maybe just a thought to ponder.
oh also how did bourdon look in against vancouver (moncton dman canuck pick)(big canuck fan and never got to see the memorial cup this year)
thanks guys
danno

Beaner
05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Brule I guess could be back if they hold an AP spot for him. He will be 19 in WHL years so I guess anything is possible. Hard to say if the Giants will use one of their AP spots for him though.

Bourdon has been average at best. That broken ankle he took in January I think is really holding him back from his full potential. I dont know what all the hype is about him, I wasn't that impressed with his play during the WJHC to be honest.

Carebear
05-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Brule I guess could be back if they hold an AP spot for him. He will be 19 in WHL years so I guess anything is possible. Hard to say if the Giants will use one of their AP spots for him though.

Bourdon has been average at best. That broken ankle he took in January I think is really holding him back from his full potential. I dont know what all the hype is about him, I wasn't that impressed with his play during the WJHC to be honest.

He played in the WJHC?

lol...honestly I did not notice him at all during it!

Kassian
05-28-2006, 02:49 PM
To my knowledge, Brule won't be able to return regardless of his age after he's played a certain number of games in the NHL. And barring another serious injury, I'm sure he'll play in most of the Blue Jackets games next season.

N.W. Bruin
05-28-2006, 02:54 PM
To my knowledge, Brule won't be able to return regardless of his age after he's played a certain number of games in the NHL. And barring another serious injury, I'm sure he'll play in most of the Blue Jackets games next season.

But their junior clubs felt leave them to the AHL. Those guys had played a full season of NHL already. But this is different. Brule will play a full NHL season. He may not want to go back to junior for the last part of the playoffs. Like other underaged juniors in the NHL in the past if they play up there for a full season I haven't heard of any playing back in junior in the same season after their NHL ended.

Dwight Schrute
05-28-2006, 10:47 PM
i just thought maybe he would want one last crack at the memorial cup, in his hometown and all.

SectionNDeserter
05-29-2006, 05:00 PM
as i think we all know brule will be in columbus.but can he still be kept on the "ap" or active list so when columbus season ends he could play in the playoffs, much like brett parker did this year for you guys ??He could also really clean up if he went back to his bantam or midget team as well, but like the WHL, he has nothing left to learn from them. Even if it were just for the playoffs/memorial cup, Columbus (and Brule for that matter) would be risking him suffering a serious injury in a league that he has outgrown. Make no mistake, he would have been playing minor pro this year at the very least if it were an option for Columbus, but fortunately for WHL fans, we got to see him for one last season.

rinkrat
05-29-2006, 05:10 PM
He could also really clean up if he went back to his bantam or midget team as well,

Shhhhhh...LOL ;)