PDA

View Full Version : Note from dad

Crosby rules
05-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Here is a note from Dustin's dad to me, as to maybe one of the reasons as to what happened out east..."They just got tired......Moncton set them up in alot of ways.........they
knew we had a 11 day layoff along with the time change for the first
game.....then they scheduled the second game 18 hours later......they even
made our guys stay at the holiday inn express while the other teams stayed
in real nice hotels with conference rooms....it was typical east vs west
politics....the owner of vancouver was so choked that next years finals in
vancouver he is going to book hotels on east hastings street....the drug and
hooker strip! Anyhow it was a fun ride with the giants."

OHLArenaGuide
05-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Here is a note from Dustin's dad to me, as to maybe one of the reasons as to what happened out east..."They just got tired......Moncton set them up in alot of ways.........they
knew we had a 11 day layoff along with the time change for the first
game.....then they scheduled the second game 18 hours later......they even
made our guys stay at the holiday inn express while the other teams stayed
in real nice hotels with conference rooms....it was typical east vs west
politics....the owner of vancouver was so choked that next years finals in
vancouver he is going to book hotels on east hastings street....the drug and
hooker strip! Anyhow it was a fun ride with the giants."

Teams make their own accomodations. Last year there was debate about the wisdom of staying in downtown London vs. the suburbs.

Crosby rules
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
obviously this was different.

Giants'r'us
05-28-2006, 07:34 PM
I am so lost......

is this true?? or...

rinkrat
05-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Teams make their own accomodations. Last year there was debate about the wisdom of staying in downtown London vs. the suburbs.
Toigo was on the radio last week talking about their poor accomodations,I'm sure he didn't book them.Obviously the league would book rooms well in advance of the tournament,especially in a smaller centre such as Moncton.

Carebear
05-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Toigo was on the radio last week talking about their poor accomodations,I'm sure he didn't book them.Obviously the league would book rooms well in advance of the tournament,especially in a smaller centre such as Moncton.

That and they mentioned how they were gonna put the Quebec team up in Langley...so I'm PREEEEEEETTTTTTTTY sure its not booked by the teams individually

OHLArenaGuide
05-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Well, all I'm going by is what happened last year. Moncton has fewer hotel rooms so perhaps it was booked in advance by the league.

Beaner
05-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, all I'm going by is what happened last year. Moncton has fewer hotel rooms so perhaps it was booked in advance by the league.

I think thats what happened in this instance. Moncton probably had to book the Hotel rooms in advance just to be sure all the visiting teams got rooms.

Hotel rooms shouldnt be a problem in Vancouver.

Carebear
05-29-2006, 12:16 PM
I think thats what happened in this instance. Moncton probably had to book the Hotel rooms in advance just to be sure all the visiting teams got rooms.

Hotel rooms shouldnt be a problem in Vancouver.

I'm going to book all the hotel rooms up....so Quebec can stay in Hope.

IM NOT BITTER AT ALL

Beaner
05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Well Ron was on the radio today, and Bill Wilms, and both were saying that the biggest problem for the Giants was the Time zone change and in hindsight, the Team should have arrived earlier in Moncton. They arrived on Wednesday, probably should have arrived Saturday or Sunday.

Arriving 3-4 days earlier would have given the guys more time to get used to the time change.

witness
05-31-2006, 10:04 AM
The host committee is responsible for booking hotels.
The time change is really tough. I think it is a 4 hour difference between Vancouver and Moncton. A rule of thumb has always been one day for every hour. So Vancouver should have been in Moncton (or surrounding area) 4 days before the tournament.