PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hunchack

Scout
05-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Bronco assistant coach Dave Hunchack has for the second year in a row been named by Hockey Canada as an assistant coach for Team Canada under 18 team. Congrats Dave on bringing the Broncos and Swift Current to the forfront once again.

Also the Broncos had an orientation for drafted Bronco players from this years bantam draft. The players and their parents came in this past weekend to get a look at what Swift Current is all about and the Broncos. Its good they do this so the parents can see where their kids may spend their teen years and play hockey.

I also heard that Derek Claffey will be at camp this year. Derek attended camp last year but returned to Red Deer and was leaning toward the NCAA. He is now leaning toward the W.H.L. after hearing the NCAA was full of false promises and hearing from his ex-team mate Paul Postma on how the W.H.L. was for him. Derek is a solid defensive defenceman who has very good skills, never panics with the puck and can clear the net. Was Pauls team mate in Red Deer and are good friends.

Scout

scmejr
05-30-2006, 09:29 AM
if i understand this right dave is a national assitant coach and when he is here for his full time coaching job he is the assitant to a coach who is on track to do the same thing as brad

Toswammi
05-31-2006, 12:01 AM
I am very confiedent that he will be the head coach of the broncos by the start of the next year (not this one coming up). If i remember right that is when Deans contract is up and i dont think he will be returning behind the bench.