PDA

View Full Version : OK....I think I'm back for a while

Sput
05-31-2006, 12:02 AM
It all of a sudden got REAL busy around here, so I've been away for far to long. My boy started lacrosse in April, and I stepped in to coach two teams this year. Top that off with starting a business as well as keeping my regular shift work job, and the weak attempt at having a life, my time online has been minimal at best.

Congrats to the Giants for their run at the Cup. It was a valiant effort, but the experience will never be lost on the players. :clap:

Expansion draft day is REAL close now, and the likelyhood of PG losing someone "valuable" looks pretty slim. Of course, there is no published protected list, so any names tossed around are pure speculation. Swanson from the Citizen has put his educated guesses in the paper. They look to be as follows: Hunter, Walker, Bowles, Cyr, Drazenovic, Wishart, Tyrell, Sagart, Dudas, Fuller, Rai, Gendur, Swystun, Redden, Vanduynhoven, and Gardner. The actual list may look slightly different, but in all likelyhood its real close. I guess we have to wait now and see what the week brings for the Cats.

Caner
05-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Protecting a 20 year old takes up an extra spot. Meaning one less player can be protected. So the "sports editor" is wrong.

[Expansion draft day is REAL close now, and the likelyhood of PG losing someone "valuable" looks pretty slim. Of course, there is no published protected list, so any names tossed around are pure speculation. Swanson from the Citizen has put his educated guesses in the paper. They look to be as follows: Hunter, Walker, Bowles, Cyr, Drazenovic, Wishart, Tyrell, Sagart, Dudas, Fuller, Rai, Gendur, Swystun, Redden, Vanduynhoven, and Gardner. The actual list may look slightly different, but in all likelyhood its real close. I guess we have to wait now and see what the week brings for the Cats.[/QUOTE]

BIG_CLAW
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
You can protect 3 20 year olds. Protecting extra 20 year olds takes up a spot. This means if the list is right the cougars would lose Curtis Cooper and I think he is pretty "Valuable".

Sput
06-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I agree Big Claw. With Cooper gone, Wishart will have that much more pressure on him. Especially with no Featherstone to log 30+ minutes a game.

Swando
06-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Will Hunter be a 20 yr old? I'd love to see him have a chance to play with Giants and win a Memorial Cup. I've said it all along that he would be a great addition as well as the WHL helping a hosting team "load up" as did Moncton for the final PLUS it gives an older player a "great"send off to finish his career. I loved Hunter's game.

Die Hard Giant

Sput
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I can't see the Cats giving Hunter away to a divisional rival. That said.....you never know what Thompson might do if the return was right. I also don't know if the Giants would want to pay that kind of a price.

bones
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Cooper isnt worth a 20 year old spot. Hes been in the league long enough that youd think he would be able to shoot and pass the puck decently. Its sad though cause Cooper is a good kid and he tries hard and plays to the best of his ability, but as a 20 year old theres better guys in the league the Cougs could pick up. Ive actually heard that Ed Dempsey is trying to recruit him for the Spruce Kings to help their run for the Royal Bank Cup. As for Hunter being a Giant, no chance, the price would be pretty steep and I think the Cougs will be near the top of the division next year and possibly challenging for a spot in the Mem Cup. I think the Cougs could of beat the Giants this year though but the thing that hurt them against the Giants was being short on Dmen. Having Dudas next year will be a huge help, Curtis Patterson should be that much better, Wish will be unreal, hopefully Vanduynhoven will have more congfidence and better foot speed, Sagert is solid on the backend. That leaves room for a kid like Redden to step in or they could bring in a guy from somewhere else. Forward position should be pretty solid, we are missing two key guys in Patty and Zimmer, but Dale Hunt is the real deal and Matt Belich looked pretty solid in his few games this year. Goaltending wont be a problem either with Bowles and Cyr who are probably the best tandem in the league.