PDA

View Full Version : Tips 1, Rockets 0

Tipped Off
02-09-2005, 11:54 PM
The tips didn;t miss a beat with Mike Wall suspended for the game. The defense really picked up tonight with probably the hardest checking game I've seen in a long time. Both teams looked like they were more interested in slamming against the boards than scoring a goal. But the one goal scored by Zack Hamill was SWEEET. What a pretty play by Calla to get that puck over to Hamill. A 16-year old goalie + a 16 year old on the assist + a 16 year old on the goal + 4 other 16 year olds on the ice = great win. Last I heard seattle was losing 3-2. If that score holds the Tips will have taken a 19 point lead down to 11 in four games.

Maybe there's hope????

IceMan
02-09-2005, 11:59 PM
That was a quality win tonight.

Out hit, out hustled, and out worked Kelowna in every aspect of the game. I haven't seen the Tips get their sticks on that many loose pucks, and follow up the hustle with a crisp accurate pass in a long, long time. They earned that win tonight.

For a 1-0 game between 2 teams known for their defense, it was probably one of the more exciting games this year. Lots of end to end, lots of contact, very entertaining.

The Seattle score did hold. They're starting to hear footsteps down at the Key !

fightstrap50
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
with the silvertips beating kelowna the ICE now move 3 points up in the B.C. division, And 1st in the WHL. GO ICE GO :bounce: