PDA

View Full Version : TWISH Notes - 5/30

Tipped Off
06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Posted : : 05/30/2006
THIS WEEK IN SILVERTIPS HOCKEY
Silvertips Prepare for Expansion Draft
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - The new team in the WHL, Chilliwack Bruins will be selecting their squad for the upcoming 2006-2007 season and the Silvertips coaching staff are currently getting ready for Friday's expansion draft. All WHL teams will protect up to 16 players on their roster and the Bruins will be able to select the next best players from the remaining players from each 23-man team. Silvertips play-by-play broadcaster, Keith Gerhart had a chance to catch up with Silvertips Director of Player Personnel, Scott Scoville on his thoughts on the expansion draft.

ONE ON ONE WITH SCOTT SCOVILLE
Keith Gerhart: What type of preparations do you do for this year's expansion draft?

Scott Scoville: We kind of prepare for the draft just like in the Silvertips expansion draft in 2003. We will look at the depth charts from each team and see what Chilliwack will do. The draft might also give us an opportunity to make a trade for a player as well. We really need to protect our best interests in the draft and it is a great opportunity to know the league again.

KG: Do you have any insight what Chilliwack's direction in the draft might be?

SS: It is really tough to tell right now. It is a tough balancing act to make sure you have a good balance of age groups on your first roster. They will look on each list and try to make the form the best roster as possible.

KG: Let's quickly flash back to the 2003 Silvertips expansion draft. What was that like for you and former General Manager Doug Soetaert?

SS: It was very tricky. No 50 goal scorers are going to be exposed so you try to fill out your roster as best you can. We made no deals before the draft but did afterwards. Overall it was an interesting process.

WHEAT INVITED TO LIGHTNING ROOKIE CAMP
Former Silvertips captain Torrie Wheat received a camp invite by the Tampa Bay Lightning to their rookie camp this summer. The Silvertips congratulate Torrie and wish him the best.

QUICK SILVERTIPS TRIVIA
Before we get to this week's trivia question, the answer to last week's question is John Dahl. Dahl scored the 2nd goal in franchise history against the Portland Winter Hawks at the Rose Garden on September 20, 2003.

Now for this week's trivia question. Who is the Silvertips all time leader in short handed goals?

Tipped Off
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
In Games played as a Tip, I would think it has to be John Lammers, who had 4 this season. Wheat has 2 in his career as a Tip, I think. Kress Had 2 this year, but I don't think he had any before that. Bassen had 2 as a Tip. Mueller had 2 this year.

That's a tough one. I'll Stick with Lammers.

A Good trivia question would be Who has the Tips only Playoff SH goal in team history?