PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton vs Carolina...Poll inside

Tiger Trauma
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Who's is gonna Win this series......I'm all for edmonton...but Carolina is a damn good team.

Will Mike Commodre again be on the losing side in the Cup final?

I'm not gonna make a prediction untill the the day before the first game.....Plus I'm not really sure, who I think will win.

but

:clap: :clap: GO OILERS GO :clap: :clap:

SectionNDeserter
06-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Who's is gonna Win this series......I'm all for edmonton...but Carolina is a damn good team.Gotta go with Edmonton, but also wouldn't be sad to see Ward win it either.

Beaner
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Hate to say it but Edmonton.

I think they are just on too much of a roll and are the better TEAM.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Well I hope that Edmonton wins the cup(because they are a Canadian team obviously,and because Jarret Stoll's Hometown/Birthplace is Melville, Saskatchewan)

BUT

I would not be dissapointed if Carolina won the cup (because Cam Ward's Hometown/Birthplace is Saskatoon, Saskatachewan)

So Go Oilers Go!!(the whole Whyte Avenue thing makes me sick,where is the puking smilie when you need it?) :laugh:

grainbear
06-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Loyalty says go with Edmonton, but also after watching Ward and also Ladd in our own battles of Alberta from another Hurricane zone it is somewhat divided. Best of both worlds see Oilers win and Ward and Ladd shine and make our team win it with heart. Go Oilers go !

The_Vulk
06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
As much as I want Edmonton to win, there is too much in Carolina's favor.

Rebels30
06-02-2006, 05:18 PM
CANES all the way...go wardo go :clap: :thumb:
WOOOO HOOOO

Better team imo...cant get any tickets though... :dead: :(

it'll be good series !!

Triton
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Canes will win.Could be too much for the Oilers.Plus I've always been kind of a fan of the Hartford/Carolina franchise.

dondo
06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Not a huge Oilers fan (or really an Oilers fan at all), but they feel like the better playoff team - it won't be a walk but if it comes down to a game seven Edmonton will take it.

nivek_wahs
06-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I picked Edmonton due to the fact that they seem to be the Cinderella Story this year. To be honest I don't care who wins it as long as it's a good final series :thumb: and the refs let them play :spineyes: .

2,5,andagame
06-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Carolina

With Roloson gone, Edmonton is in trouble.

Toswammi
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
No rolli means a tough road ahead for the Oilers :clap: . But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves the oil aint out yet but it will be a hard road to travel.

Sput
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I'd like to change my vote now. :( With Rollie gone, Ty not having any playoff experience, and no ice since the regular season, IF Edmonton can pull anything out of the fire its gonna take a small act of God. :skeptical

nivek_wahs
06-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Can't write the Oilers off now. If they just handed the trophy to the best team (on paper) there would be no point in playing the games. The Oilers weren't supposed to get past the first round and look where they are, they have overcome a lot to get this far and I can't see them going down without a fight. I hope...

dondo
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
unfortunately a big part of that was the team being comfortable enough to cheat, because Rollie was playing the best hockey of his life and his team was letting him see all the shots. It's going to be an even toughter road for the Oil, but this a team that seems to thrive on adversity - and as said above - that's why we play the games.

gola on Markennan deflected but still a pretty ugly one. :spineyes:

Toswammi
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Ouch its 5-0 as i type this. This Edmonton team is in a lot of trouble, especially when handling the Carolina PP, that is looking amazing.

Triton
06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
And George Laroque is a punk.Admit to yourself you've lost,instead of checking people from behind.Boy Edmonton really made themselves look bush league tonight.I expect Edmonton to win at least 1 of the two in Edmonton,and make a series of this,but I will stand by my prediction that Carolina is too much for the Oilers.If Carolina splits in Edmonton and the Hurricanes go back home up 3-1 I imagine it's over.

westbeach55
06-07-2006, 09:59 PM
they lost one game with a goalie that hasn't played in 99 days. george got his penalty but as far as calling them bush league remember there in the stanley cup finals pretty good for a bush league team.

Triton
06-07-2006, 10:10 PM
they lost one game with a goalie that hasn't played in 99 days. george got his penalty but as far as calling them bush league remember there in the stanley cup finals pretty good for a bush league team.

I said they LOOKED BUSH LEAGUE TONIGHT!When things didn't go their way they resorted to things you'd find in a bush league.No where did I say they have made it to the finals playing like a team from a bush league.They deserve to be there no doubt.

Jussi,and Conklin won't be able to get the job done.The Oilers didn't play that well in front of him tonight like they usually do in from of Roloson.

I realise that the Oilers are your team,but don't be so sensitive to hear some negative comments about their performance tonight...they stunk...but,it's not over and the Oilers are capable of making this a great close series.

Tiger Trauma
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I wouldnt call it bush league...I would call it
(If ya cant beat them on the scoreboard.....punish them on the ice)...

Wow that sounds remotely familiar to a tidball quote :spineyes:

Both teams are in the cup final and earned their way in...... and their both trying to do anything possible to win.

I agree with don cherry though...put laraque on the ice a little more often.
Look at the way carolina defense cant strip him off the puck when he's cycling along the boards.

anyways...I simmed this series with my gamecube on nhl 2006.

I had carolina winning the first 2 games
Edmonton won the next 3 games..thats as far as i got so far :groovy:

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-07-2006, 10:27 PM
That the Oilers should have put Conklin in net(why would you put a 3rd stringer,Markkanen in net?) Just because Conklin let in a goal that was not really his fault,I think it was patly the defencemen's fault for going around the the same side of the net that Conklin went to,and tried to play the puck.

He also said that Georges Laraque infront of the net(espeically on the powerplay,and give him more ice time. The Carolina players will not know what to do with him.

I agree with him on these two pionts(and awhile back when he said that the Leafs need to draft more players from Canada,from the CHL.)

Hopefully they can do what they did to San Jose(win two at home and then win the cup in 6 games :thumb:

(If that happens then my prediction will be right and I will have a good chance at taking over 1st place.

Will there be prizes for the Winnners of the NHL prediction game?(like there was for the WHL prediction game?)

This is my 700th post!!!! :clap: :groovy: :thumb:

SectionNDeserter
06-08-2006, 06:17 AM
That the Oilers should have put Conklin in net(why would you put a 3rd stringer,Markkanen in net?) Just because Conklin let in a goal that was not really his fault,I think it was patly the defencemen's fault for going around the the same side of the net that Conklin went to,and tried to play the puck.

He also said that Georges Laraque infront of the net(espeically on the powerplay,and give him more ice time. The Carolina players will not know what to do with him.The way they played it didn't matter too much who was in net. As an alternative, they could have filled both of Cherry's requests, and just started Laraque in goal.

nivek_wahs
06-08-2006, 06:44 AM
The way they played it didn't matter too much who was in net. As an alternative, they could have filled both of Cherry's requests, and just started Laraque in goal.

That is funny. But ya I agree the Oilers came out and just didn't put the effort in. Maybe with Roloson in net the team has less fear and more confidence, I thought that they would have come out like a house-on-fire and give support to Markkanen but nope they flopped. Congrats to Cam Ward on the shutout. I hope the quality of hockey in the next game is better, I was thoroughly disappointed in the game :burningma .

SectionNDeserter
06-08-2006, 08:19 AM
That is funny.Why? It would certainly take care of the goaltender interference problem. :laugh:

dondo
06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
didn't look like the Oil had any interest in even trying to win last night. Really really stupid penalties, lazy play, sloppy fancy passing, no traffic in front of the net.

They were truly bush-league last night their hits were almost all cheap and of the head targeting variety. Lots of crosschecks from behind and lazy interferences (Torres ***?) they sucked and deserved to lose and lose just how they lost.

If they don't win or at the very least fight for the win in game three they are going to be swept. They lose game three and they are done. They win and maybe they can find some of that confidence and swagger they had after being down 2-0 to San Jose. And maybe just maybe go back to real and effective hockey (they are fully capable of playing) as opposed to the lazy sloppy gutless crap they displayed last night.

Toswammi
06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah seemed uninterested about what was going on. I would expect them to be playing there style when they get back to Rexal. If not i wouldnt be suprised to see the crowd jump on them.

Triton
06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
If they lose in 4 straight(which I doubt),there will be alot of rioting,damage,fights and anything else in Edmonton.

langdak
06-08-2006, 01:30 PM
If they lose in 4 straight(which I doubt),there will be alot of rioting,damage,fights and anything else in Edmonton.

There was a lot of that while they were winning too

dondo
06-09-2006, 01:59 AM
yeah rioters aren't fans they are just either sh*t disturbers, or some people with a shopping list using a sporting event to do some looting.

Frankly I have no problem with the cops taking down the jackasses, and for those 'darwin award' nominees who seem to think climbing the hydro wires is cool - well its dangerous and stupid and if you die or hurt yourself don't even THINK about suing anyone for your own drunken stupidity.

Triton
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
YAY :clap: Carolina!

Wrap it up at home.

Rebels30
06-13-2006, 05:32 PM
YEA HURRICANES ;) woooooo hooooo

-was at the game last night..row two..AWSOME time !!!! saw cam alot and he looked at my sign("Go Wardo Go!!") and my face (painted red, white and black stripes) and smiled and nodded at me :)

my throat was soo sore today from screaming sooo loud....i would jump up and down for each game and scream soo loud hehe..and yell for cam :clap:

wish i could see him play again
now hopfully they can finish it off wednesday and cam and all the other alberta boys can bring it back home :D

GO CAM

RDRebelsfan
06-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Wardo or not, As I do wish him the best my NHL allegiance has and will always be with the Oilers first and foremost. Not even a team full of ex Rebels could make me cheer against the Oilers. I was an Oilers fan before anything else. And I'm very confident they can come back and win this thing.

Tiger Trauma
06-19-2006, 11:20 PM
That was an incredible game. Both teams played with full speed all game long.

Glad to see wardo get the cup and the conn smythe in his first year as a nhl tender.....and nice to see andrew ladd be a part of the action too....

I would have rather seen oilers jason smith and ryan smith host it high, too lift the cup in the city of champions...too come soooooooooooooo close...is the worst feeling in the hockey world.

They accomplished a hell of a lot more than i thought they would....they shouldn't hang their heads.....but prolly all them will feel like crap for a while.

dondo
06-20-2006, 02:41 AM
always love it when it goes to seven games - Carolina earned that win and it was good to see some of those guys get to hoist the Cup for the first time ever in their careers.

Big Congrats to Wardo for winning the Conn Smythe what a way to end your rookie season.

SectionNDeserter
06-20-2006, 06:17 AM
and nice to see andrew ladd be a part of the action too....Cannot forget him either! Even though he played for the Hitmen, and scored about 200 goals against Red Deer in his WHL career, I always liked his style of play.

dondo
06-20-2006, 10:27 AM
yup congrats to Andrew Ladd the first Hitmen player to be etched on the Cup

The_Vulk
06-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Glad to see cam ward get the cup and the conn smythe in his first year as a nhl tender.
They were saying on the tv broadcast that Patrict Roy was the last goalie to win both in his rookie year. Now we can add Cam Ward to that very list of accomplishments.