PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun

Swando
06-02-2006, 12:35 AM
I have noticed a lot of threads dealing with expansion draft worries.Let's say that the Giants "did not trade a prospect to Chilliwack" earlier in the year. QUESTION -- who would be available?[/B]

Beaner
06-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Interesting idea:

So you get to protect 15 players;

My protected 15 players List in no particular order.

1 Festerling
2 Lamb
3 Slade
4 Blum
5 Regner
6 Lucic
7 Machacek
8 Kraus
9 Franson
10 Watt
11 Bliznak
12 Repik
13 Sexsmith
14 Mikkelson
15 Czibre

Wright/Boume and Deck are all exempt being '90's

Leaving the following players unprotected...

Kyle Turris (89)- More than likely going NCAA
Matt Wear (89)
Ryan Molle (89)
Scott Orth (89)
Garry Nunn (89)
Jason Reese (88)
Kenton Dulle (88)
Mike Bolzon - If he is even on the 50ppl anymore. (88)
Tommy Tartaglione (88)
David Rutherford (87)
Garret Hunt (87)
John Flatters (87)
Mark Fistric - Pro next year (86)
Chad Scharff (86)
Gilbert Brule - Pro next year. (87)
Daniel Bertram - More than likely would not report to an Expansion team (87)

I think the big question mark for the Giants is Slade? will he back? I think you still protect him. Maybe take Slader off the protected list and Move Tartaglione into his slot. Slade could just jump up a level next year.

Of my list of guys available, I think the top 3 choices would be Scott Orth, Ryan Molle, and Tommy Tartaglione. Depends a lot on what else is available.

----

On a side note, Going thru the Giants list left me with a lot of tough choices, now I can see why Bonner and crew made the decision to trade Smuk and picks to avoid doing this. Well worth it IMO.

N.W. Bruin
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Interesting idea:

So you get to protect 15 players;

My protected 15 players List in no particular order.

1 Festerling
2 Lamb
3 Slade
4 Blum
5 Regner
6 Lucic
7 Machacek
8 Kraus
9 Franson
10 Watt
11 Bliznak
12 Repik
13 Sexsmith
14 Mikkelson
15 Czibre

Wright/Boume and Deck are all exempt being '90's

Leaving the following players unprotected...

Kyle Turris (89)- More than likely going NCAA
Matt Wear (89)
Ryan Molle (89)
Scott Orth (89)
Garry Nunn (89)
Jason Reese (88)
Kenton Dulle (88)
Mike Bolzon - If he is even on the 50ppl anymore. (88)
Tommy Tartaglione (88)
David Rutherford (87)
Garret Hunt (87)
John Flatters (87)
Mark Fistric - Pro next year (86)
Chad Scharff (86)
Gilbert Brule - Pro next year. (87)
Daniel Bertram - More than likely would not report to an Expansion team (87)

I think the big question mark for the Giants is Slade? will he back? I think you still protect him. Maybe take Slader off the protected list and Move Tartaglione into his slot. Slade could just jump up a level next year.

Of my list of guys available, I think the top 3 choices would be Scott Orth, Ryan Molle, and Tommy Tartaglione. Depends a lot on what else is available.

----

On a side note, Going thru the Giants list left me with a lot of tough choices, now I can see why Bonner and crew made the decision to trade Smuk and picks to avoid doing this. Well worth it IMO.

What with the few spots open and Wright and Bouma penciled in.

playon
06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Reese coming back?

Beaner
06-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Reese coming back?

No idea. Someone had to be left off my Hypothetical list though....

joeschmo
06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
i would guess hunt would be gone cuz he used to play for the chiefs, pretty sure he was a fan fav too. But i dont know if the bruins need a high scorer or the grinder type...

logan
06-06-2006, 01:34 AM
I would sure hate to lose Hunt.I really was impressed how much of a important role he had in the Giants wins at the memorial cup.There are a few players on your protected list who got lots of ice but were really non-existant in the mem cup games.Those games in the mem cup really showed me who the gamers and pretenders were on the giants.(although they still had a fantastic year and I dont mean to take anything away from that).

Carebear
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
If Hunt goes I'll be single handedly starting a riot....not even joking. :evil:

Beaner
06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I can't see Hunt going anywhere, but that being said, everyone is tradeable if the price is right.

SectionNDeserter
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I can't see Hunt going anywhere, but that being said, everyone is tradeable if the price is right.Shhh... You will set her off again! ;)

dondo
06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
well considering all the above is actually a hypothetical what-if we didn't make the trade, but did - we'll probably be keeping Hunt. The thing about Hunt is that he's an asset on the team, but I don't see him as a tradeable asset as most pests are a dime a dozen and Hunt is smaller than most of the players on the ice.

the fact he hits like a freight train and fairly regularly gets his licks in on guys a foot taller than him - is our little secret. He's also one of those intangibles that makes the Giants that much more multi-dimensional.

The only thing I really worry about is (sorry CB) that he'd be thrown on the back-end of a deal to balance out the numbers better - but he's worth far more than that so maybe I worry in vain.

langdak
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I say we trade Repik for Setoguchi straight up..............lol

sorry........its a joke for those of you who have read the thread in the blades lounge

dondo
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
lol .. thanks for that langdak :laugh:

yeah he did not really think it through there.. but then again he doesn't know Repik like we do and he values Setoguchi far more than is warranted