PDA

View Full Version : Hengen and Watt to Chilliwack...

Trav
06-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Blades traded Hengen and Watt to Chilliwack in exchange for the Bruins to not take a player on their unprotected list. Smart move on Molleken's part. Watt probably would've been moved anyways although if Molleken isnt able to get a goaltender then there'll be two young goaltenders. The Blades better not draft a euro goaltender now haha.

Hengen I doubt was in the team's plans for this upcoming season so not really a loss there. Not trying to disrespect those two. Hopefully Watt can help the Bruins have a decent year next year.

Triton
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Who the hell is going to stop the puck for the Blades next season?

Trav
06-02-2006, 05:56 PM
The Blades will hopefully be able to land a goaltender from another team. Maybe Vancouver who seem to have a load of them especially if Slade were return. Guess there might be a slim possibility we could see another euro goaltender here but I hope not haha.

Beaner
06-02-2006, 06:12 PM
The Blades will hopefully be able to land a goaltender from another team. Maybe Vancouver who seem to have a load of them especially if Slade were return. Guess there might be a slim possibility we could see another euro goaltender here but I hope not haha.

Hmmmm

Been a lot of rumors that maybe Setoguchi was coming to Vancouver. Personally I thought it was more hope than fact but maybe you are onto something.

Either Tartaglione or Sexsmith for Setoguchi?? Vancouver probably has to sweeten that deal a bit, maybe a couple picks as well, or a list player.

Trav
06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I have a feeling the Blades will have a young team this year, young but competitive but it'll depend on whether or not guys like Barnes-Rabbit and Schulz return. If they all do and if the Blades can get a decent veteran goaltender then probably would keep Setoguchi. I'm sure if your Giants dangled James Wright in front of Molleken he'd go for it.

Beaner
06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Wright For Setuguchi straight up?

I think I would do that right now.

Trav
06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Giants would have to give a bit more haha.

Knuckle Chucker
06-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I have a feeling the Blades will have a young team this year, young but competitive but it'll depend on whether or not guys like Barnes-Rabbit and Schulz return. If they all do and if the Blades can get a decent veteran goaltender then probably would keep Setoguchi. I'm sure if your Giants dangled James Wright in front of Molleken he'd go for it.

Rabbit is gone. He was a 20 yr old last season

WHL Rules
06-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Rabbit is gone. He was a 20 yr old last season

Rabbit is a '86 born player. He will be back as an OA.

nivek_wahs
06-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Who the hell is going to stop the puck for the Blades next season?

Unless Lorne has something up his sleeve (Wouldn't be surprised) he might go with Braden Holtby(sp?) between the pipes. He is an amazing goalie with lots of upside and very high potential.

THOUGHT: I really don't like speculating on where players may or may not get traded or end up but if Rowat takes the starter role with the Pats maybe Reekie ends up in Saskatoon? After all he is from Saskatoon.

Remeber this is a Pats fans perspective here...

mat01800
06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Unless Lorne has something up his sleeve (Wouldn't be surprised) he might go with Braden Holtby(sp?) between the pipes. He is an amazing goalie with lots of upside and very high potential.

THOUGHT: I really don't like speculating on where players may or may not get traded or end up but if Rowat takes the starter role with the Pats maybe Reekie ends up in Saskatoon? After all he is from Saskatoon.

Remeber this is a Pats fans perspective here...

Hopefully that does not happen Reekie is garbage