PDA

View Full Version : Warriors lose player from their strength

Warrior Fan
06-02-2006, 10:34 PM
They lose a 16 year old dman that played AJHL this past season. He was a 3rd round pick of the Warriors the same year we drafted Erhardt. Warriors are deep with young dmen making it almost a given that they lose one.

17 year olds next season looking for a spot
Cullen Morrin
Ryan Stanton
Michael Trebish

16 year olds looking for a spot
Chad Suer
Travis Hamonic
That is 5 guys trying to get 2 spots that are open..

D is going to look like this if Boyd and Jones both play pro...
Zetariuk(20) Erhardt(17)
Grundling(19) Simpson(20)
Chapman(19) Sutter(18)
Suer/Stanton/Hamonic/Morrin/Trebish

Not to mention Derek Edwards.... no idea what he is like though yet. Saw him at camp last season but not sure how/if he has progressed at all this season.

I personally think that the Warriors Stanton Suer and Hamonic are all going to fight hard for a spot next season. They were very good this past season. That may push either Simpson or Zetariuk out. I just think we would be better off developing some of that youth next season and set up for the next 2 or 3 seasons again after that. We will still be competitive but may as well stack er up for a serious run. Just my thoughts.

agent
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I see the vacancies being filled by trade before youth.Just looking at the average age .
The team will be much stronger than most would think. :thumb:
I wouldn't want to be a 16 yr old getting 2 shifts every second game. :skeptical

agent
06-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Hows this look
Forwards

- McArdle / Jones / Gillen
- Smith / Wray / Holzapfel
- Mckenzie / Bast / trade or Imp
- Grecica / Prokop / Trade
:thumb:
Defence

- Ehrhardt / Chapman
- Sutter / 20 yr old trade
- Stanton / trade
Maetche :)

Goal Perricone
Backup 19 yr old trade :D

SeventhHeaven4U
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Hows this look
Forwards

- McArdle / Jones / Gillen
- Smith / Wray / Holzapfel
- Mckenzie / Bast / trade or Imp
- Grecica / Prokop / Trade
:thumb:
Defence

- Ehrhardt / Chapman
- Sutter / 20 yr old trade
- Stanton / trade
Maetche :)

Goal Perricone
Backup 19 yr old trade :D

You're suggesting that Erhardt/Chapman are our main defensemen?? I don't agree with that, I can see Travis pairing with Zetariuk as last season, but I'm not so sure about Chapman's performance. Zets should stay for sure, Simpson is iffy... maybe trade him closer to January to keep some experience on the backend for as long as possible & break-in the newbies... Would also like to see Grundling back there as well....of course Maetche is gone already. Jones will more than likely be back, I don't think Tampa has the room for him in their lineup this season and will benefit Blair and the Warriors if he returns. I can't see a trade for a goalie, I believe we have some fine talent coming up from below to support Joey in the upcoming seasons. Can't wait til season opener!!!! GO WARRIORS!!!! :groovy: