PDA

View Full Version : Unsigned NHL Draftees

SeventhHeaven4U
06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
The NHL signing deadline was June 1st and I noticed that Brouwer still hadn't signed with the Blackhawks... does this mean Chicago no longer holds his rights and he can re-enter the draft as a free-agent???

It also looks like Jones is having problems "coming to terms" with Tampa, so it looks like he'll more than likely be coming back as an OA for 2007... any thoughts on this??

Hatguy
06-03-2006, 12:30 PM
If Jones comes back, I'll be very happy. I don't know about Brouwer, but you think Chicago would want to keep him around.

Warrior Fan
06-04-2006, 12:09 AM
If he comes back we have a top line that can do some damage and a decent supporting cast.

Jones Holzapfel Herman
McArdle Wray and Smith????
Maybe. Who knows but either way he will be welcome back for another season.

2,5,andagame
06-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Just noticed on NHL.com Brouwer has signed with Chicago:

Monday's NHL Transactions

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS-Signed F Bryan Bickell and F Troy Brouwer to three-year contracts and F Jonas Nordqvist to a one-year contract.

SeventhHeaven4U
06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Just noticed on NHL.com Brouwer has signed with Chicago:

Monday's NHL Transactions

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS-Signed F Bryan Bickell and F Troy Brouwer to three-year contracts and F Jonas Nordqvist to a one-year contract.

Congrats to Brouwer, I was getting a little worried and really didn't like reading about the possibility of the Leafs or Wings signing him!!! Those fans were drooling profusely over the fact Troy hadn't signed and that they had a chance at him... I think they were ready to offer their firstborn for him LOL :groovy:

Warrior Fan
06-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Brouwer Inks Deal With Blackhawks
2006-06-06
Author: 800 CHAB SPORTS
Moose Jaw Warriors over-age forward Troy Brouwer has signed a deal with the Chicago Blackhawks.

The 20 year old Delta, B.C. product was selected by the Blackhawks in the 7th round of the 2004 entry draft.

Brouwer led the WHL in scoring last season with 49 goals and 102 points. He also was named to the Eastern Conference 1st All-Star Team, and helped lead the Warriors to their first ever Eastern Conference Title.