PDA

View Full Version : "Can for the Chilli "

grainbear
06-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Excuse the dry humor .

I can , t say I am totally surprised about Cann going to chilliwack, we certainly have a lot of young talent coming to camp for D. However, what does tick me off is that now we basicaly pissed away a 2007 second round draft pick to Brandon , because that is what he cost us last year. Our GM other moves on roster seem positive, just can,t follow the logic on this unless they all ready think that Cann is not performing at his potential and with the likes of Craige,McColm, Bourelle, Bobbee , Montgomery, Brown and Fredrickson to fight over 2 or 3 opening on d. Some talk around town that they might try to convert Brown or Craige to forwards. That would indeed prove interesting.

Caner
06-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Bourelle is listed with Chilliwack and who is Brown?

grainbear
06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=Caner]Bourelle is listed with Chilliwack and who is Brown?[/QUOTE

Just checked once again, Bourelle is from what I am advised still Lethbridge property was part of the trade for Lamers, last year and Brown is from PA and was the Hurricanes 9th round pick in 2004. Not sure if Bourelle is coming to camp , similar to when in Everett but the recruitment job is on , apparently his parents have been talking with Mccallums parents who attended last years camp and is invited back again this year. Time will tell

Caner
06-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Bourelle is now on chilliwacks 50 man protective list. With a new 20 year old d-man coming here there will be room for only one more d-man that being bobbee. Young D with lots of depth.

grainbear
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Did U not mean Boutilier from Calgary, he is listed by Chilliwack ?

Caner
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I am referring to 89 born Keegan Bourelle, a chilliwack list player.

grainbear
06-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry , to disagree with you Caner.
However, I don,t see Bentz sticking with the club , and I think Bryce will be in a checking forward role rather then d. That leaves Kerr, Kudelka, Wright , King as present D. If we carry 7 d and assume that Bryce can slip back if necessary. Leaves McColm, Brown, Bobbee, Montgomery, Fredrickson , Craige and maybe a European for 3 spots. I will be surprised if Bryce does,nt take the role of Wuchterl, don't see him back early due to the concussion last year if at all. Further, when you look at the 20 year old defensement that might become available at little cost , are those that are available better then our youngsters . But look at the development of Kerr , Wright, last year are we not better off to continue the youth movement with 3 young defense.

loudi94
06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Sorry , to disagree with you Caner.
However, I don,t see Bentz sticking with the club , and I think Bryce will be in a checking forward role rather then d. That leaves Kerr, Kudelka, Wright , King as present D. If we carry 7 d and assume that Bryce can slip back if necessary. Leaves McColm, Brown, Bobbee, Montgomery, Fredrickson , Craige and maybe a European for 3 spots. I will be surprised if Bryce does,nt take the role of Wuchterl, don't see him back early due to the concussion last year if at all. Further, when you look at the 20 year old defensement that might become available at little cost , are those that are available better then our youngsters . But look at the development of Kerr , Wright, last year are we not better off to continue the youth movement with 3 young defense.

Any truth to the rumours of Gulasi coming back as a 20 year old?

grainbear
06-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Any truth to the rumours of Gulasi coming back as a 20 year old?

Nothing concrete . I am hearing that he is looking to come back, because in the homeland after his incident where he was sent home his image as a team player took a big hit. However, all though he is good I am not sure that he can help us make a positive influence on our youg guys. His motivation a year a go was money , has that changed or is he looking to come back simply to put himself back on the radar screen for the NHL. It seems simply another situation of players stating they will play but only on their terms sounds like some of the bantam draft situation. This is a team game and as John Chapman once stated give us a player with maybe less skill and a great attitude and a good coach will take him to the next level and the ultimate result is a better team, better player, and a better result

Caner
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
You never know who the new guys will be, that will be up to the coaches and players at camp. My guess is: Wright, Kudelka, Kerr, King, New 20, Bentz?, Bobbee, and Craige as a possible swing man. I think Bryce has been released but I could be wrong. Probably another new 20 forward and new euro will be added. You need to have 3 20 year old vets (good attitude) for leadership and production with this young group. The future appears to be very positive.

[QUOTE=grainbear]Sorry , to disagree with you Caner.
However, I don,t see Bentz sticking with the club , and I think Bryce will be in a checking forward role rather then d. That leaves Kerr, Kudelka, Wright , King as present D. If we carry 7 d and assume that Bryce can slip back if necessary. Leaves McColm, Brown, Bobbee, Montgomery, Fredrickson , Craige and maybe a European for 3 spots. I will be surprised if Bryce does,nt take the role of Wuchterl, don't see him back early due to the concussion last year if at all.