PDA

View Full Version : Blades may be lucky...

Trav
06-03-2006, 04:50 PM
next season. David Schultz was not signed by Vancouver leaving him eligible to be drafted or become a free agent. My guess is that he'll be back and he'd be a definite overager at the backend. Both Barnes and Rabbit signed qualifying offers so Carolina and Boston still have their rights. My guess is they could both be back as well. Now along with Cole and Logan, which two do u trade for a solid goaltender and maybe a first round euro pick?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Yes I think Shulz has a very good chance at returning as an overager,but what about Cole? I hope a plan is in place,it would be nice to upgrade that 2nd round Euro draft pick. maybe picking a euro goalie wouldn't be such a bad idea :D (then they would not have to risk loosing a top notch guy or prospect.)

wango tango
06-05-2006, 12:54 PM
IF all our eligible 20's come back i'd guess shultz and cole would be counted on to anchor the defence. rabbit would be our third 20 the top line center, and team captain.

i'd expect barnes to fetch decent value in trade (although 20's never bring back as much as people hope), and logan will probably dealt as well.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-05-2006, 02:39 PM
who would you choose out of the 3 overage defencemen? Cole or Logan or Schulz?

I would choose Cole and Logan,because Schulz IMO did not use his size and is slower(now unless that changes over the summer) BUT I think that if he just played more of "tough as nails" physical style of game (like Mike Green played) because he is 6'4 and 210 lbs,and he might grow some more. If he used those assets to his advantage and worked on his speed then I think he might be able to secure an overage spot.

Otherwise I would think that the overagers would be Logan,Cole,and Rabbit(if by chance Barnes returns as well,we could use him as trade bate (or keep Barnes,Rabbit and use one or two of the overage defencemen to trade for a veteran goalie and maybe a higher pick in the euro draft(I like the way you think Trav :) (and take the pressure away from Holtby,he is only 17 and will still do very well as the back up.)

wango tango
06-05-2006, 02:55 PM
who would you choose out of the 3 overage defencemen? Cole or Logan or Schulz?

I would choose Cole and Logan,because Schulz IMO did not use his size and is slower(now unless that changes over the summer),I think that if he just played like a "tough as nails" physical style (like Mike Green played) ecause he is 6'4 and 210 lbs,and he might grow some more. If he used those assets to his advantage and worked on his speed then I think he might be able to secure an overage spot.

Otherwise I would think that the overagers would be Logan,Cole,and Rabbit(if by chance Barnes returns as well,we could use him as trade bate to bring in a veteran goalie(and take the pressure away from Holtby,he is only 17 and will still do very well as the back up.

i'd take cole and schulz. cole is a leader, steady, a defensive defenseman. schulz is your powerplay quarterback and can log top two minutes.