PDA

View Full Version : Myles Rumsey

Ms. Hockey
02-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Myles Rumsey has not been playing up to his potential??? I know that our team isn't great this year, and I know that it must be hard to motivate yourself to go and play...but Rumsey is supposed to be one of our leaders, and was our best defencemen. Anyone else think he's been struggling lately?

Scout
02-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure if he is slacking off or if his role has changed. Since Matt Trojovsky was traded, Myles has become the leader back there and if you wish, the new tough guy on the team. He may be a little more hesitant with that role and really has no back up. Matt was a leader back there and gave our guys more grit because he would always come to their aide and was feared by other teams. Now we have lost that. Guys are still grinding their hearts out but are no longer playing 2" bigger and 30 lbs.heavier now that he is gone. It is a big role to fill being the protecter and i don't think Myles ( although he is tough ) wants to fill that role. What we need is another Matt.

Dean likes the big,tough teams and i'm sure he will be looking for that when the season ends.

Scout

ointhecreek
02-11-2005, 11:25 AM
What we need is another Matt.

Dean likes the big,tough teams and i'm sure he will be looking for that when the season ends.

Scout
That is why I was surprised and disappointed they traded him. It left no one to protect an otherwise small club. Just what happened with Kamloops. Kassian intimidated everyone every time he stepped on the ice.