PDA

View Full Version : 100,000$ Guarantee

Beaner
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
from, http://www.spokanechiefs.com/news/?ID=1484

BRETT MAKES $100,000 GUARANTEE THE CHIEFS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
6/5/2006

In an unprecedented move, Bobby Brett, President of the Spokane Chiefs Hockey Club, guaranteed the team will make the playoffs in 2007, if not; the Chiefs will refund $100,000 to their ticket package holders.

“I feel extremely confident that the 2006-07 team will make the playoffs that I’m willing to put $100,000 behind my statement,” Brett said.

“I am like every fan out there, I want to win. It has been frustrating and I think our fans deserve to watch a playoff caliber team. I think they should get some of their money back if we don’t put a quality product on the ice. I guarantee we will make the playoffs this season. I feel very strongly about this.”

The money will be paid out to ticket package holders at the end of the 2006-07 season in the event that the team does not make the play-offs.

“At the conclusion of last season there was an extensive review of our hockey operations. As a group we sat down and evaluated how we do things and how we can make ourselves better. These discussions included reviews of our scouting personnel and procedures, our player development program, Bill Peters and his coaching staff and our General Manager Tim Speltz. I came out of those meetings confident that the Spokane Chiefs have the right personnel in place.”

Brett and his ownership group purchased the Chiefs in the summer of 1990 and saw the franchise win the Memorial Cup in 1991. Since 1990, the Chiefs have played in three WHL Finals, four Western Conference Finals and two Memorial Cups, hosting the tournament in 1998.

“We have wonderful fans that support the team win or lose, but right now, they deserve a better on-ice product.”

Earlier in the off season the Chiefs announced that ticket prices will remain the same for the third year in a row.

Brett said of the ticket price freeze, “We wanted to reward the Chiefs loyal fans and say ‘thank you’ for all their support.”

Brett, General Manager Tim Speltz and Head Coach Bill Peters will be available for comment on Monday, June 5th from 12:00-3:30 pm.

Well, thats putting your money where your mouth is.

ihlemic10
06-06-2006, 08:43 AM
The Seattle times had that in an article today too. I hope they make it...otherwise he is gonna be out quite a bit...

Jimmypop316
06-06-2006, 01:03 PM
The Seattle times had that in an article today too. I hope they make it...otherwise he is gonna be out quite a bit...

Well.. tricities if a question mark, we play an expansion team instead of Kootenay and we (hopefully) are on the step back up the stairs instead of the freefall we've been in the last 3 years.

I'd place that bet.

Chipper
06-06-2006, 03:55 PM
That certainly shows me a commitment from the top! I would buy into their excitement and buy a ticket to support someone who is willing to do something extreme like that, good on them and I hope they do make the playoffs this year.

SectionNDeserter
06-06-2006, 04:01 PM
That certainly shows me a commitment from the top! I would buy into their excitement and buy a ticket to support someone who is willing to do something extreme like that, good on them and I hope they do make the playoffs this year.No kidding, I forsee a packed house in Spokane this season.

rinkrat
06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
How many season ticket holders are there? At 3000,its a refund of $33 each.

Beaner
06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
How many season ticket holders are there? At 3000,its a refund of $33 each.

33$ refund is better than what most teams give if their team misses the playoffs.

:D

rinkrat
06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
33$ refund is better than what most teams give if their team misses the playoffs.

:D

buck a game. :thumb: