View Full Version : It's Official...

nivek_wahs
06-06-2006, 01:28 AM
from reginapats.com

Pats Extend Contracts

June 5, 2006

PATS EXTEND CONTRACTS
Three Year Deals for Hockey Operation Department

Regina Saskatchewan: The Regina Pats are pleased to announce that they have come to terms on new three year contracts for the four main members of their Hockey Operations Department. Head Coach Curtis Hunt, Assistant Coach Terry Perkins, Director of Scouting Todd Ripplinger and Athletic Therapist / Trainer Greg Mayer were all entering the final year of their contracts prior to coming to terms on these new three (3) year deals.

Pats General Manager Brent Parker: - “I believe continuity is an important part of being able to achieve success as an organization. Russ and I Could not be happier than to have such a solid group of people who work so well together and are so committed to the long term success of this franchise.”

Head Coach Curtis Hunt is entering his third year at the helm of the Regina Pats and has just recently been named as an Assistant Coach for Canada’s World Junior Team. Head Coach Curtis Hunt: - “I am thrilled and honored to have Russ and Brent extend our commitment. It is a tremendous boost to Terry, Greg and myself. I am excited about our hockey operations staff and the direction of our hockey club. I am eager to continue on the course we, as an organization, have started together.”

Director of Scouting Todd Ripplinger is the longest serving member of the Pats organization outside of Pats GM Brent Parker. Entering his tenth year Ripplinger had these thoughts on his new contract: “The Parker family has been great to me and my family for the past ten years and I’m very excited and proud to be committed for another three years. I look forward to working toward to ultimate goal that we all have, and that is to win a championship here in Regina”

The newly signed quartet will have a busy month ahead as the month of June is one of the busiest on the Western Hockey League calendar. The WHL Annual General Meeting, WHL Schedule Meeting, CHL Import Draft and the NHL Entry Draft will all take place over the next three weeks.

The Pats would also like to take this opportunity to welcome their new Director of Communications Josh Bes. Josh is a native of Tillsonburg, Ontario and recent graduate of the Sporting Goods Business program at Sir Sanford Fleming. “I would like to thank the Parkers for the opportunity to work for the Oldest Canadian Junior hockey Franchise. I look forward to the upcoming season and the challenges that lie ahead,” commented Josh Bes.