PDA

View Full Version : Frere To Moose Jaw

Shinyshoes
06-06-2006, 03:46 PM
The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have traded defenceman Eric Frere to the Moose Jaw Warriors for a conditional draft pick in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Frere had played two seasons with the Red Deer Rebels, and was a Rebels 8th round pick in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft.

P.S. I STILL think there are more to come.....

SectionNDeserter
06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have traded defenceman Eric Frere to the Moose Jaw Warriors for a conditional draft pick in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.No shock here. Like us, he watched most of the games last year from the stands, and our other '88 defenseman are far more complete players. Will be interesting to see what conditional pick we get for him. I think you are right about more moves to come too. Red Celtic's prophecies in the other thread may come true yet!

Hatguy
06-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey is this kid any good?

FreddieFender
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Mobile enough skater and decent when it comes to the defensive side of the game. Quite effective when it comes to pinning opposing forwards in defensive corners. On the flip side, when he has the puck, you will see a tendency for panic to over take poise.

SectionNDeserter
06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Think he played 40 or 50 games this season, probably iced the puck 200 times. He has great speed for a bigger guy, especially lateral movement. As Freddy said, he is pretty good at pinning guys on the boards, and pretty good at mucking the puck out of the corners. Unfortunately as soon as he gets it out, he would skate one stride, or just turn and shoot the puck down the ice, bringing the play all the way back. He also didn't play much the last half of last season, so I don't know what kind of game shape he is in.

Warrior Fan
06-06-2006, 09:56 PM
They came so far this seasons it isn't even funny. The poise and puck possesion skills improved 100% lets hope that they can turn a good skating/defensive player into a solid 2 way dman. If not we lose nothing with the conditions. Time will tell I guess.

Tinner
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I can't believe it...another transaction with Moose Jaw....who woulda thunk!