PDA

View Full Version : Another trade with Red Deer.

Hatguy
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Red Deer, AB - The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have traded defenceman Eric Frere to the Moose Jaw Warriors for a conditional draft pick in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

The 17-year-old from Trochu, Alberta, appeard in 51 games for the Rebels last season recording two assists and 25 penalty minutes.

Frere, had played two seasons with the Red Deer Rebels, and was a Rebels 8th round pick in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft.

Can probably come in and contend for a spot.

SectionNDeserter
06-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Sorry about those deals we made with Tri-cities and other non-Moose Jaw teams, those teams mean nothing to us. Lets never fight again... :laugh:

Warrior Fan
06-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Good to see the management recognizing a whole and trying to fill it. It will be interesting to see how he fits in. I think we need to be younger on the backend a bit to set up for the next couple of seasons.

I also am not counting out the fact that we get Jones and Boyd back in the Jaw next season. I firmly believe they could both benefit from another season of junior. Boyd showed his lack of size and strength by being dominated in the playoffs. No sense rushing the kid he wasn't a first rounder.
Jones has shown great passion but could learn a few things yet and develop a little more.

Wishful thinking? I dont think so. I actually believe we could see them both return meaning we will have to move a Gillen and Simpson/Zetariuk on the backend.

Either way it is all good things.

Hatguy
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Just imagine if we get them both back next year. With names like Mcardle, Boyd, Jones and Holzapfel, we should have another good offensive season. Two of Gillen, Zetariuk and Simpson would have to be cut, because I think Jones counts as an Overager next year.

Beaner
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Two of Gillen, Zetariuk and Simpson would have to be cut, because I think Jones counts as an Overager next year.

Jones is in fact an overager next year if he returns. Leaves MJ with 7 potential overagers.

Jones
Boyd
Gillen
Zetariuk
Simpson
Leslie
Svennsson

Cant see leslie getting an overager spot after the playoffs that Joey had.

Still leaves a lot of tough decisions for the MJ management, but they are really no different than any other team this year.

Triton
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
You can scrap Svensson from that list.He signed a deal to play in europe,so he's not returning.

SectionNDeserter
06-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Jones is in fact an overager next year if he returns. Leaves MJ with 7 potential overagers.

Jones
Boyd
Gillen
Zetariuk
Simpson
Leslie
SvennssonI think that Jones and Boyd are both easily good enough to be in the AHL at the very least next year. Svennsson won't be back, as he has already signed on with a team in Europe, and Leslie wouldn't even be competitive in Bantam, so he won't be back. As I see it, they really only have Gillen, Zetariuk and Simpson to count on returning for sure.

Triton
06-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Who drafted Jones?

SectionNDeserter
06-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Who drafted Jones?Think it was Tampa, regardless I don't think they came to terms with him, so he can go back into the draft. If somehow he isn't redrafted, he can always just sign with an AHL team, or less likely an NHL team.

Hatguy
06-07-2006, 06:56 PM
But, hey, you never know, they could both be gone, both come back or one could come back. I'd be happy with one coming back.

SeventhHeaven4U
06-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Think it was Tampa, regardless I don't think they came to terms with him, so he can go back into the draft. If somehow he isn't redrafted, he can always just sign with an AHL team, or less likely an NHL team.

As quoted on TB prospect site:

"Bolt Prospects has received confirmation from the Lightning that they have entered contract talks with three prospects: C Blair Jones, LW Justin Keller and G Karri Ramo. Jones, who turns 20 in September, would be elligible to suit up for Springfield next season should he and the Lightning reach agreement on an entry level deal. We're told all three prospects' talks are proceeding slowly due to financial differences. Of the three, only Keller must be signed by June 1st to avoid re-entry into the draft.

Jones, who stands at 6'2" 195 lbs, finished 6th in the WHL in scoring for Moose Jaw this season posting 35 goals and 85 points in 72 games en route to being named a Second Team WHL All Eastern Conference Team selection. Jones also finished second in WHL playoff scoring with 9 goals and 21 points in 22 games." end quote.

Jones has until summer 2007 to sign with Tampa before being released and re-entering the draft, it's stated on the Lightning website. It's unfortunate that they can't come to terms.... but there's still the summer!!